Headaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsonhartley

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi . i wake up with a headache most mornings and it go's when i have a wee .is this normal im type 2 diagnosed 1909.

hi . i wake up with a headache most mornings and it go's when i have a wee .is this normal im type 2 diagnosed 1909.

Hi John, I don't have this problem, but I somes get a heradache which goes away after I have had a drink of water.

Sorry to be piccy, and it is the sort of mistake I make, do you mean 1999 or 2009 for your year of diagnosis?

If your BG's are high it can give you headaches, also if you are a bit dehydrated.

Hi John, I don't have this problem, but I somes get a heradache which goes away after I have had a drink of water.

Sorry to be piccy, and it is the sort of mistake I make, do you mean 1999 or 2009 for your year of diagnosis?

sorry 2009

I wonder if the pressure on your bladder is affecting your sleep. Do you get the urge to get up and go during the night? As the others have suggested, high levels can give you headaches, or dehydration, but I wouldn't expect the headache to be relieved so easily when you...errr...relieved yourself 😉

thanks caroline.

I wonder if the pressure on your bladder is affecting your sleep. Do you get the urge to get up and go during the night? As the others have suggested, high levels can give you headaches, or dehydration, but I wouldn't expect the headache to be relieved so easily when you...errr...relieved yourself 😉

hi . i know it's strange. yesi do get up a couple of times at night. i will try taking more drinks see if that makes a differance?. thanks a lot i dont know much about diebetes im only just realising how complicated it all is. so many thanks. ps im a woman haha .

hi . i know it's strange. yesi do get up a couple of times at night. i will try taking more drinks see if that makes a differance?. thanks a lot i dont know much about diebetes im only just realising how complicated it all is. so many thanks. ps im a woman haha .

Hehe! Thanks for letting us know, not always easy to tell online! 🙂 Do you test your blood sugar levels at all? Are you on any medication? Sorry for all the questions, but something might click with someone 🙂

Hi

I would suggest that if you wake up in the dead of night that you test yourself. If my sugar level is too low and also too high I feel strange. I always keep some sweets by my bed just in case.

The only time I get hypo's is at night time. Usually due to not eating a decent meal with some sugar in the evening.

Dehydration is obviously a big cause of headaches. Much like if you drink alcohol to excess. You always wake up feeling grotty.

thanks hot rod girl i'll do that .

Hehe! Thanks for letting us know, not always easy to tell online! 🙂 Do you test your blood sugar levels at all? Are you on any medication? Sorry for all the questions, but something might click with someone 🙂

no i dont test myself the dr said no need they will do it . im on metformin2 x 850 sitaglipin 100mg i daily. simvastatin 40mg 1daily. aspirin 1 daily.i dont know whats high and whats low . im also trying to diet aswell.

no i dont test myself the dr said no need they will do it . im on metformin2 x 850 sitaglipin 100mg i daily. simvastatin 40mg 1daily. aspirin 1 daily.i dont know whats high and whats low . im also trying to diet aswell.

It's really not good that doctors say this - how are you supposed to know from day to day how your food and activity levels are affecting your blood sugar levels? It would probably be worthwhile, if you can afford it, to get a meter and do a few tests just so you know where you stand and to see if it helps you adjust and manage your diabetes better. We can help you understand the numbers. You can probably get a free meter - try searching google for free glucose meter UK - and they usually come with 10 free strips to start you off. Further strips can be bought either at the pharmacy or on the internet, but they are expensive (hence why your doctor would rather not prescribe them!). If you can show that the testing is useful to you then he may relent and prescribe some.

Have a read of the following so you can understand the value of testing:

Jennifer's good advice on testing: http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

Also, you might find it useful to get a copy of Type 2 Diabetes: The First Year by Gretchen Becker (amazon link) so you can better understand diabetes, particularly when you are quite new to it.

Actually, that's a good point. Do you have a glucometer? If not, can you get one? - if this is because of high or low blood sugars, you should be able to pick it up, then....

(Of course you could always dabble a multistick into your early-morning pee, but that doesn't tell you what the blood glucose is doing at the time of peeing, it tells you what it was doing a few hours ago....)

EDIT Sorry - *just glanced up to spot that Northerner wrote most of this already*

It's really not good that doctors say this - how are you supposed to know from day to day how your food and activity levels are affecting your blood sugar levels? It would probably be worthwhile, if you can afford it, to get a meter and do a few tests just so you know where you stand and to see if it helps you adjust and manage your diabetes better. We can help you understand the numbers. You can probably get a free meter - try searching google for free glucose meter UK - and they usually come with 10 free strips to start you off. Further strips can be bought either at the pharmacy or on the internet, but they are expensive (hence why your doctor would rather not prescribe them!). If you can show that the testing is useful to you then he may relent and prescribe some.

Have a read of the following so you can understand the value of testing:

Jennifer's good advice on testing: http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

Also, you might find it useful to get a copy of Type 2 Diabetes: The First Year by Gretchen Becker (amazon link) so you can better understand diabetes, particularly when you are quite new to it.

thank you northener. iwill look on google for a meter and get a copy of the book thank you so much .i feel so much better now having so much support on here . thanks a million maria x.

headaches

Actually, that's a good point. Do you have a glucometer? If not, can you get one? - if this is because of high or low blood sugars, you should be able to pick it up, then....

(Of course you could always dabble a multistick into your early-morning pee, but that doesn't tell you what the blood glucose is doing at the time of peeing, it tells you what it was doing a few hours ago....)

EDIT Sorry - *just glanced up to spot that Northerner wrote most of this already*

thank you lizzie.

thank you northener. iwill look on google for a meter and get a copy of the book thank you so much .i feel so much better now having so much support on here . thanks a million maria x.

Any time Maria - the support people give here is amazing and can make such a difference! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back