Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickiebob89

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hey all,

Does anyone suffer serious head aches at all?? Ive jus had my eyes tested an got to wear glasses but i find i get head aches when i go for long periods of time with out anything sweet? Im doing really well and lasted 4 days and had a sneaky hot chocolate.. Managed to get rid of it but now its come back on and its like i have a sledge hammer constantly hammering at my head>?>

Nickie x

Hey Nickie yup had once just the other day/night came on friday afternoon and went a 2 in the morning on the saturday i just have to ride through the pain with aspirin im afraid , im terribly moody though and go into mybedroom get under the duvet and wanna be left alone, I think if you check your bloods im not sure if your testing? it wil be quite high my levels usually are .I assume the body is getting used to the deprivation of sugary sweets and things now your laying off them.

yep.. i feel sorry for my boyfriend he seems to get the brunt off my mood swings. I feel fed up and miserable give me a tiny bit of somethin sweet an feel fine. I think its probably all pshycological i know i am being deprived n thinking argh!!! im on the same medication of you but they make me feel crappy to so i think?? why bother. I gotta keep at it. You have been diagnosed with it over a year does it get any easier??

yep.. i feel sorry for my boyfriend he seems to get the brunt off my mood swings. I feel fed up and miserable give me a tiny bit of somethin sweet an feel fine. I think its probably all pshycological i know i am being deprived n thinking argh!!! im on the same medication of you but they make me feel crappy to so i think?? why bother. I gotta keep at it. You have been diagnosed with it over a year does it get any easier??

Yup believe me Nickie theres been many a times when i have thought why the hell do i take this bloody pills but i guess i gotta i dont want to get worse do i.Well i cant say it gets any easier can it ever? but its how you deal with it i guess thats what matters, some can go through diagnosis and take to it like a duck to water and make all the right changes straight away some cant and it takes either something bad to happen to there health or a kick up the bum basically to get them on the right track.Thats why places like these are crucial to us all somewhere we can come and share some common ground.xx

Last edited:
Yup believe me Nickie theres been many a times when i have thought why the hell do i take this bloody pills but i guess i gotta i dont want to get worse do i.Well i cant say it gets any easier can it ever? but its how you deal with it i guess thats what matters, some can go through diagnosis and take to it like a duck to water and make all the right changes straight away some cant and it takes either something bad to happen to there health or a kick up the bum basically to get them on the right track.Thats why places like these are crucial to us all somewhere we can come and saharesome common ground.xx

I ant been able to make any changes :( i stopped drinking but as far as food goes its so hard.. i have no will power. i really think ur right it does take something to happen to realise what a bad thing it is. i had my first retinopathy on saturday an theres something there that shunt be but i gotta wait for my results. I honestly wish i was one of these people that hates chocolate and sweet stuff but i guess i wunt be diabetic then lol. i did stop taking my tablets but then thought oh shit.. i can go hours without food and cant do that anymore.. Theres so much to remember so much to be worried bout.. guess just have to go wiv the flow :(

Thanks for all your help. Its good to talk someone in the same boat. All i seem to get is oh you wont be living by time your 30 and it kinda scares the crap out of me instead of someone jus being there.. thankyou xxxx

I ant been able to make any changes :( i stopped drinking but as far as food goes its so hard.. i have no will power. i really think ur right it does take something to happen to realise what a bad thing it is. i had my first retinopathy on saturday an theres something there that shunt be but i gotta wait for my results. I honestly wish i was one of these people that hates chocolate and sweet stuff but i guess i wunt be diabetic then lol. i did stop taking my tablets but then thought oh shit.. i can go hours without food and cant do that anymore.. Theres so much to remember so much to be worried bout.. guess just have to go wiv the flow :(

Thanks for all your help. Its good to talk someone in the same boat. All i seem to get is oh you wont be living by time your 30 and it kinda scares the crap out of me instead of someone jus being there.. thankyou xxxx

Yup i know nickie how you feel when i got diagnosed my very nice doc said to me your son is 7 now you do want to see him grow up into his 20s dont you and at the time i could of smacked him for using my son like that but when i sat down in the cold light of day i knew why he said it and it worked.Sometimes like many of us in here i relapse and think why the heck cant i have a big bar of choccie im gonna and dam the consequences and for that 5 minutes of indulgence i get an hour or 3 feeling like rubbish after and i think well thats not worth it.If you ever need a good chat pm me anytime Nickie sometimes our other havles have good intensions at heart but sometimes we need to talk to someone who knows exactly what we're going through.

Last edited:
I wonder if the headaches could be caused by hypos? there is a risk of them on gliclazide. headaches are often something that happen with hypos. Do you get any other symptoms that would point in that direction?

I wonder if the headaches could be caused by hypos? there is a risk of them on gliclazide. headaches are often something that happen with hypos. Do you get any other symptoms that would point in that direction?

tbh im not quite sure what a hypo is or ow they are caused. When i have headaches i feel tired, dizzy, nauseous?? really thirsty an very lathargic??

Nickiebob xx

tbh im not quite sure what a hypo is or ow they are caused. When i have headaches i feel tired, dizzy, nauseous?? really thirsty an very lathargic??

Nickiebob xx

hi nickie
are you testing your Blood sugars ? anything below 4 is a hypo

thanks again.. just briefly read on the site and it is possible that i could be in hypu i have a few of the syptoms described.. I got an ulcer an not really ate that much over the weekend.. had loads of fluids tho an bowl after bowl of weetabix lol..
theres so much that physically scare the crap out of me :(

hi nickie
are you testing your Blood sugars ? anything below 4 is a hypo

no im still seeing the nurse every 2 weeks an she as said its not necessary for me to test them myself?

thanks again.. just briefly read on the site and it is possible that i could be in hypu i have a few of the syptoms described.. I got an ulcer an not really ate that much over the weekend.. had loads of fluids tho an bowl after bowl of weetabix lol..
theres so much that physically scare the crap out of me :(

Maybe you need words with your dsn hun, i aint to sure what to advise , the milk in the weetabi was it semi skimmed etc.

Many in here will tell you of the benifit of testing you can see what foods effect your bloods etc, but some have to practically beg for test strips.

there has been alot of discussion on here regarding T2 and testing and recently the NICE guidlines were published this is the link to the thread

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=6541

In My Opinion testing is important especially at diagnoses so the we can work out which foods effect us . we are all different and so by testing you can experiement until you understand your food better.

Being hyper can give you bad headaches too. I nearly always get a headache when I'm high.

Hi Nicki.

I was diagnosed in Oct2009 as a type 2 and was put on gliclazide to get my glucose levels down (HbA1c was 13.3 initially). I was then switched to metformin (2x500mg).

Initially, I was very much like you, but soon realised that I had to change my behaviour. One night I'd had three bowls of fruit and fibre and tested my blood before going to bed (14+ 😱 ). That gave me a severe shock, I'll tell you. I have not done it since.

Since then, I have lost weight (slow and steady --> getting on for 1lb a week). Because of that, I am feeling loads better. I'm eating a more varied diet and enjoying it. I am now off the metformin too and think that I'm keeping the glucose levels under control (I'll let you know whether I am truly being successful in a fortnight when my HbA1c is tested again!).

Just a thought about your headache question. Before dx, I used to get real humdingers! The kind which thumped really hard if I bent over, so much so that I even felt quite ill. I was also extremely tired most of the time. On reflection, I now put this down to high glucose levels rather than low (but you being on the gliclazide might cause you to go low too).

As others have said, if you're interested in getting your condition under control then start testing your blood yourself at different times. Without that knowledge, you'll never be in control and that doesn't bear thinking about really!

Don't fall for that "you're only a type 2, you don't need to test" line. I was given a meter and test strips on prescription. Used properly, they are a really good way for you to understand what you need to be doing.

Good luck and be well!

Andy

p.s. Also, get yourself onto an Xpert course if you can (run by the NHS).

Nickie how are you feeling ??

Morning, im ok thankyou. Feeling pretty tired. Got my blood results back yesterday an my cholesterol is to high so ive been put on simvastatin. Had a lot of sleep last night and woke up this morning an i am going to get my act together.. 🙂
How are you? things ok?

Nickiebob xx

Morning, im ok thankyou. Feeling pretty tired. Got my blood results back yesterday an my cholesterol is to high so ive been put on simvastatin. Had a lot of sleep last night and woke up this morning an i am going to get my act together.. 🙂
How are you? things ok?

Nickiebob xx

Ah right same here my cholestrol is high as well thats being worked on tho, Good to hear you had good kip always makes you feel better in the morning .I am fine yeah ty.Woke took my blood and i was 6.4% so cant complain .xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back