Headaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karinagal

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've been getting headaches every day for the last couple of weeks. They're driving me up the wall and I'm swallowing ibuprofen and paracetamol like sweeties. They seem to come on within a half hour to an hour of eating - I've tested to see if my bs has gone really high but haven't had a reading much above 9.0 at the 1 hour mark.

I take it that this is unlikely then to be diabetes related? I have suffered from tension headaches in the past but these seem different - there is no corresponding muscle ache in my shoulders/back or scalp.. The pain isn't severe - more a constant dull ache..

Anyone got any ideas?

Karina :(

I've been getting headaches every day for the last couple of weeks. They're driving me up the wall and I'm swallowing ibuprofen and paracetamol like sweeties. They seem to come on within a half hour to an hour of eating - I've tested to see if my bs has gone really high but haven't had a reading much above 9.0 at the 1 hour mark.

I take it that this is unlikely then to be diabetes related? I have suffered from tension headaches in the past but these seem different - there is no corresponding muscle ache in my shoulders/back or scalp.. The pain isn't severe - more a constant dull ache..

Anyone got any ideas?

Karina :(

Please see you doctor !

I agree, see a docotor. It might be something as simple as eye strain, but it is always worth getting everything checked out. When I was getting headaches, I got everything checked out and it turned out I have high blood pressure.

I was trying to avoid seeing the doc - feels like I'm there every other week.. However, you're right - I'll make an appmnt! 😉

Don't think it'll be high blood pressure - had that checked a few weeks back and it was fine..

Karina 🙂

Is anything stressing you out at the minute of course this diabetes will be but is anything else playing on your mind.All i know is when i get them i go into the bedroom lock the door and hibernate under the covers i can barely stand even the tinyiest bit of light when it happens.

Go and have it checked. It is probably nothing serious but if it is it is better to find out and have it treated early - not as an emergency in A&E!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back