Headache from hell ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My head hurts so much it is making me feel sick. Tried anadin and it has not touched it.

Anyone got any ideas on what to take to shift it :(

Thanks Di xxx

When I have a really bad headache I take 8/500 co-codamol, for me personally it is the only think that makes it better... (((hugs)))

Hi di i usually take ibruprofen, maybe come off the computer for abit it wont be helping and lie down x

Water and sleep.

What's the cause of it? Stress, a hypo, an injury?

When I have a really bad headache I take 8/500 co-codamol, for me personally it is the only think that makes it better... (((hugs)))

the only way to go............

Another vote for co-codamol here. Incidentally, Gretchen Becker's book suggests that NSAID's (that includes Nurofen) is contra-indicated with good glycaemic control.

Another vote for co-codamol here. Incidentally, Gretchen Becker's book suggests that NSAID's (that includes Nurofen) is contra-indicated with good glycaemic control.

Oh Cliff, didnt know that, I have been put on strong NSAIDs for my shoulder (by the GP in the practice who is supposed to be the diabetic expert 🙄)... Will need to keep a tight rein on my sugars...

Bit late now, but I always find a hot shower (hot as you can stand) running directly onto the back of my neck works wonders.

If everything else fails hubby takes SYNDOL. They are for migraine type headaches realy but are very effective. I only take one when I need them and they make me sleep for a couple of hours.

It is always a good idea to check with doctor if things like this don't shift quickly.

I had a barstool behind the eyes yesterday, at first I thought it was from drinking decaf tea, which isn't tea by the way, then I thought it might be a hangover, which it wasn't, eventually I also had a temperature, and felt rough, so I got home and had a fry up and relaxed in front of the box and it soon went!

Hope you managed to shift it okay.

Rossi

Hi Di hope your feeling better this morning x

Hi Di hope your feeling better this morning x

Hi Steffie, Hope your ok today.

I've still got a fuzzy head, went to bed with the headache. Think it is stress from work. Had a right old (I want to swear here) day yesterday, been building for a while. Month end accounts and then idiots constantly asking me to help them with Powerpoint presentations - NO PEOPLE bog of and leave me alone. I sense the day is going to be like that again today.

I'm currently slumped down in the corner of my office at my desk hopeing no one has clocked me yet!!

Oh what joy work brings - NOT:(

Di x

Around 20 years ago I had persistent bad heads and my doctor could not work out what was causing them, and believe or not put it down as 'diabetic headaches' on my medical records. Some years later I was talking to a gp who's children were friends with mine at infant school, I happen to mention I suffered from headaches and he commented that most headaches are a result of dehydration, and said that most patients believe they are drinking enough fluids but in reality are not, so suggested I drank at least 6-8 glasses of water daily as well as other fluids such as coffee and tea. Since this time my incidence of headaches have been very few and far between, and always try to drink at least 6 glasses of water a day, so for those that experience frequent headache try increasing your fluid intake. Toby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back