hbca1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabetic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
my lates blood hbca1 level has gone up to 71 from 62 in june 23 im on gliclazide 2 in morning an 1 at night im getting worried what will next step be any ideas out there im getting an apointment am

my lates blood hbca1 level has gone up to 71 from 62 in june 23 im on gliclazide 2 in morning an 1 at night im getting worried what will next step be any ideas out there im getting an apointment am
It sounds as if the gliclazide cannot cope with the carbs you are eating. What dietary regime are you following as you may need to re-evaluate your diet.
It would be a good idea to jot down typical meals and the approx carbs so you can show that at your appointment. If you are eating very few carbs and levels are increasing then you may need additional meds but if not then some movement on your carb intake could help.

Sorry to hear your HbA1c has been creeping upwards @diabetic

Hope your appointment tomorrow is helpful.

Have you been monitoring your own glucose levels to see how they change around food and meals?

How would you feel if they offered you more medication?

You have a few options for next steps: increase medication, change of diet, increase exercise, or a mixture of those. It’s best to decide which combination you’d prefer before the appointment and then discuss that in the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back