Hbac1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What struggles are you having @Dave61

Have you been given a personalised suggested target to aim for that takes your individual circumstances into account?

What struggles are you having @Dave61

Have you been given a personalised suggested target to aim for that takes your individual circumstances into account?
Hi there,yes given target etc but still high,i eat a very healthy diet,non smoker,active etc ,I think I don't take enough insulin, waiting on app with gp

Do you carb count @Dave61 ? Do you adjust your doses based on what you are about to eat?

Have you been on a course like DAFNE? Or worked through the free Dafne-equivalent BERTIE course?

www.bertieonline.org.uk

What target have you been set and who set it? GPs usually know very little about Type 1 diabetes so I am wondering if a GP or nurse at the GP practice have set you an unreasonable target.
Mostly these days we aim more for "Time in Range" on our Constant Glucose Monitor (Libre or Dexcom or whatever) Do you have one of those on prescription? Time in Range (TIR) is a much better reflection of your diabetes management than HbA1c, so if you haven't got these sensors on prescription, then that might be a first step in helping you achieve better diabetes management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back