HBA1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
so at my appointment today I got the HBA1C result a few weeks ago It was 47. they did say I might want to look at adjusting my insulin

so at my appointment today I got the HBA1C result a few weeks ago It was 47. they did say I might want to look at adjusting my insulin
Why? It's a very good result.

As in reducing it but I'm going to be doing some tests to see
Do you mean reducing the A1c or reducing your insulin?
Because if you have 47 and stable then leave well alone.

insulin. but like I said I'm going to do some background tests anyway

I don't mean reducing the A1C.

Really great result. Congratulations! I hope that has given you a huge confidence boost. I don't understand why they would suggest you reduce your insulin unless you are getting lots of hypos..... but if I remember rightly, your time in range on the Libre was within the guidelines and better than minimum target.

Really great result. Congratulations! I hope that has given you a huge confidence boost. I don't understand why they would suggest you reduce your insulin unless you are getting lots of hypos..... but if I remember rightly, your time in range on the Libre was within the guidelines and better than minimum target.
I am getting some. the libre just wasn't often picking them up or forgetting about them.. I'm going to do a few background tests anyway. but yes they are doing it as a good. but there was also a but with it.

but however, I may have just rewarded myself with cheesecake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back