HbA1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
This is down from last time . Platelets and lymphocytes up . Potassium and Alkaline phosphate and other things out of norm range. So will see what nurse says next week. Most go along with bone diseases so could just be the arthritis. HbA1c is down to 52 so not great but better

This is down from last time . Platelets and lymphocytes up . Potassium and Alkaline phosphate and other things out of norm range. So will see what nurse says next week. Most go along with bone diseases so could just be the arthritis. HbA1c is down to 52 so not great but better
Well that's a positive isn't it having your A1c going down? So well done and good luck with the nurse next week 🙂

Well that's a positive isn't it having your A1c going down? So well done and good luck with the nurse next week 🙂
Well it is going on the right direction , I expected it to go up by the way I felt and my readings are all over . So I don’t really think testing is really telling me anything. Carbs have really not made long term difference in the way I think they would spacing out meals must help. However as I say somethings are worse and unsure if that’s normal post op so just need to see nurse I am hoping she tells me that not the only one not to cope with the end of the M. I’m hoping it’s that but even though it feels it’s messed with my diabetes that now is Al in my mind. Physiotherapist is delighted with me so moving is going in the right direction.we will soon be in good weather so that will motivate me more.I hope. Thanks for your positive comment . It helps encourage me too.

Ah I’m so pleased your HbA1c is dropping, especially as you were worried that it might have risen.

Hope the checks, results and discussions with the nurse go well.

Yes , I am still in shock if it were my calculations it would have been mega high. So in a way it rules that out . Highlights other things . However, yes I’ll see the nurse as been out the trade thirty years now and well the more I Google the worse I get. Do think Inka was right though I need to start my own diet . Not prepared to pay for to be told eat this then I cheat. I’ll need to be strict and come up with new ideas . Maybe return to celeriac and courgette instead of the spuds and pasta . But it’s more than that. I’m not an egg lover. Oh I need to be honest and get to it. But yes need to try stop the headaches , sweating , lower weight and change . I was fearing insulin and all sorts so the stress levels should lower . And here is you and many many others but no choice. I applaud you all. Well done .

Well it is going on the right direction , I expected it to go up by the way I felt and my readings are all over . So I don’t really think testing is really telling me anything. Carbs have really not made long term difference in the way I think they would spacing out meals must help. However as I say somethings are worse and unsure if that’s normal post op so just need to see nurse I am hoping she tells me that not the only one not to cope with the end of the M. I’m hoping it’s that but even though it feels it’s messed with my diabetes that now is Al in my mind. Physiotherapist is delighted with me so moving is going in the right direction.we will soon be in good weather so that will motivate me more.I hope. Thanks for your positive comment . It helps encourage me too.
It is easy to feel discouraged when you don't feel you are making fast enough progress with mobility. My physio says I am doing really well after my surgery for a ruptured patellar tendon and tibial fracture, pretty well three months ago but my knee feels very stiff and swollen still. I am doing the exercises and have been walking but still feel very restricted. I felt I had put weight on by basically sitting with my leg up for 8 weeks whilst in the leg brace but thankfully hadn't when my OH frogmarched me onto the scales.
Good news on your HbA1C.

Well done on your weight and I am sure you will eventually be mobile. I had knee replacement a couple of years ago and touch wood except from sticking now snd again it is better than it was prior to op do I would never hesitate to have my right knee done if it gets as bad. It has arthritis in it I know but still not causing me enough concern yet. My left hip also has arthritis but apart from the off twinge I don’t feel I’m as keen if it goes wrong . I will know at that time. However I had my right hip replaced two and a half years ago and it was worse than before I had it done the last six months anyways . I had it revised in December and yes I am making quick progress but I do have as the physio says to slow down and not use other muscles to allow it to get to its potential . I know that doing well . I thought my sweating come freezing shaking bits were to do with diabetes as were the headaches but to be honest I think it’s been a red herring. I am unlike yourself and many other Very Morbid obese and it’s genetic but I still need to fight it if I want any kind of good life. I do try despite what the fattest believe I do move and I do stop the munchies and try to have a good diet. Yes I go awol at times but I have to keep trying. Diabetes is a symptom of something not working right or something you need to change to improve it. My diabetes thankfully is not too bad . I just need to sort lots out to get better. Onwards . Thank you everyone I do feel supported here and that is why I bother you all so much. You are helping and that makes a vast difference to me.

Well done on your weight and I am sure you will eventually be mobile. I had knee replacement a couple of years ago and touch wood except from sticking now snd again it is better than it was prior to op do I would never hesitate to have my right knee done if it gets as bad. It has arthritis in it I know but still not causing me enough concern yet. My left hip also has arthritis but apart from the off twinge I don’t feel I’m as keen if it goes wrong . I will know at that time. However I had my right hip replaced two and a half years ago and it was worse than before I had it done the last six months anyways . I had it revised in December and yes I am making quick progress but I do have as the physio says to slow down and not use other muscles to allow it to get to its potential . I know that doing well . I thought my sweating come freezing shaking bits were to do with diabetes as were the headaches but to be honest I think it’s been a red herring. I am unlike yourself and many other Very Morbid obese and it’s genetic but I still need to fight it if I want any kind of good life. I do try despite what the fattest believe I do move and I do stop the munchies and try to have a good diet. Yes I go awol at times but I have to keep trying. Diabetes is a symptom of something not working right or something you need to change to improve it. My diabetes thankfully is not too bad . I just need to sort lots out to get better. Onwards . Thank you everyone I do feel supported here and that is why I bother you all so much. You are helping and that makes a vast difference to me.
Knee replacements were something they were not all that keen to do a few years ago but hips were common place from quite a long time ago, but now knees are regularly done.
It just seems like slow progress and hard to envisage getting back to the 3 miles a day. I still have weight to lose, though I have not been what I should be for my height in living memory. I think if I was I would look like a corpse.

Awe, I did not realise you struggled with weight issues too. I am guessing a few pounds not stones though .

Awe, I did not realise you struggled with weight issues too. I am guessing a few pounds not stones though .
To be even at the top of the range for my height I would need to lose another 20kg NOT A HOPE IN HELL IN A MILLION YEARS, I have lost 15kg since diagnosis.

To be even at the top of the range for my height I would need to lose another 20kg NOT A HOPE IN HELL IN A MILLION YEARS, I have lost 15kg since diagnosis.
Well done you I feel the same I’d love to get back on track snd lose . This year I’m not going for a big loss just to try and get the blood work and blood sugars right and the scales moving in the right direction. It is all about food to mouth . I need smaller portions plus the healthier options in food.

Well done you I feel the same I’d love to get back on track snd lose . This year I’m not going for a big loss just to try and get the blood work and blood sugars right and the scales moving in the right direction. It is all about food to mouth . I need smaller portions plus the healthier options in food.
The weight loss was as a result of the low carb NOT low fat regime I adopted and making sure we (me + OH ) were walking 3 miles per day.
The walking all gone to pot for the last 3 months after my accident and knee surgery so maintained but not lost any more weight .

The weight loss was as a result of the low carb NOT low fat regime I adopted and making sure we (me + OH ) were walking 3 miles per day.
The walking all gone to pot for the last 3 months after my accident and knee surgery so maintained but not lost any more weight .
I’ve just undergone hip revision going well but not able to walk three miles yet unfortunately . I don’t really get all the low carb stuff etc etc. Hubby just thinks eat less whilst he stuff his face . Yes men can eat more but he can eat n not gain. I’ve tried to put weight on him and he’s relatively the same all the time.

I’ve just undergone hip revision going well but not able to walk three miles yet unfortunately . I don’t really get all the low carb stuff etc etc. Hubby just thinks eat less whilst he stuff his face . Yes men can eat more but he can eat n not gain. I’ve tried to put weight on him and he’s relatively the same all the time.
No justice!!!!
Luckily my OH got on board with our low carb regime though he does have extra stuff but still lost weight which he wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back