HbA1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Any one else not convinced this new method of reporting these results is going to make things any clearer for patients?
If 48 mmol is the same as 6.5%, how on earth does that correspond to anything vaguely memorable?

Nat good Q im the same as you its more confusing . I'm due mine in 2 weeks shall be first time i get mine in the new format

good point, I wreckon they'll be quoting both values for several years, or rather I hope!!

For example with the old metrification, whenever you quote areas of buildings officially you should quote it in square meters and square feet!:confused:

I've had two HbA1c's since they introduced the dual reporting, but have only been told the percentage values!

I was a kid in the late-60s, early-70s when they introduced the metric stuff. I still struggle to know my weight in kilos or height in metres!😱

yes, i was told they will be giving you both results for at least a year until we get used to the new method.

I've had two HbA1c's since they introduced the dual reporting, but have only been told the percentage values!

I was a kid in the late-60s, early-70s when they introduced the metric stuff. I still struggle to know my weight in kilos or height in metres!😱
Metrification was a huge relief for me. We'd been living in Europe and I'd got used to counting in tens. Working with LSD was a total nightmare.
c045.gif

I still struggle to know my weight in kilos or height in metres!😱

Hahaha I signed up to new GP the other day and one of the three thousand forms asked for height and weight, I put down my height in imperial, and weight in metric😛

Ever tried interpretting blood glucose values between a Chilean man with type 2 diabetes and a broken hip, who speaks Spanish and German, and a Royal Navy doctor who speaks only English and doesn't want anything to di with diabetes, when you speak English, French and Spanish and had the forethought to bring a blood glucose units conversion table? Admittedly, we weren't discussing HbA1c, but it's an example of why internationally recognised untis are worthwhile!
There will be a period of running both units together. People newly diagnosed won't have to learn the old system at all.

Metrification was a huge relief for me. We'd been living in Europe and I'd got used to counting in tens. Working with LSD was a total nightmare.
c045.gif

were you involved in the trails?

were you involved in the trails?

Fraid not, I remember the 60s, which I'm reliably informed means I wasn't there...

Oh, did you mean decimalisation? The answer's still no, we were stationed in Northern Ireland by the time it started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back