HbA1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I am feeling quite pleased with myself as my HbA1C has gone from 9.2 to 7.8.

My DSN says shes never known me with anything below 8 since I was referred to her on 2002 so she thinks the carbohydrate counting I have been trying has had a good effect. I go on the "proper" course in September so hopefully my next one will be better again - though we are going on holiday on Thursday and its my dad's 80th tomorrow so I suspect the next couple of week will be a little more variable than recently! 😉

I have now looked at some of your results and found how much better they are than mine 😱 - oh well every little helps I suppose.

Well done!
You should be happy with your new result!

Can I ask what course your going on?

Since joining this site it seems people are being helped more and offered a lot more assistance then I am in my area. I get called to get my HbA1C done twice a year and that's it.

Well done MCH! Lovely to read your good news! I am pleased for you. 🙂🙂

The point MCH is that you are coming within range and that is just brilliant! Don't worry about others' results at the moment: you've made serious strides with yours, so pat yourself on the back.

Best.

That's a great reduction MCH, and shows you're really getting to grips with things. I've no doubt that things will improve even more when you have done your carb-counting course, and all the experience you are gaining now will mean that you can ask questions that may help you even more!

You're already reducing your rislk of complications by a huge factor, so definitely some thing to celebrate!:D

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats brilliant - well done to you! Keep up the good work but make sure you have a treat or two!:DBev

Hi MCH....

Thats great news.....well done......:D:D.....keep up the good work

Hope you and your family have a great time celebrating your dad's 80th birthday..

Heidi
🙂

Thats a great achievement, well done. Just shows what carb counting can do.

Just shows that these stupid clinics, hospitals, DSN's etc who say 'Oh no we don't do carb counting here' should be fired ........... what twaddle ! 😉

Well done thats a brilliant reduction.

Even if a hospital doesn't run a specific carb counting course, doesn't mean they can't teach individuals the basics

Thanks for your good wishes everyone.

We have been on holiday and are now back having had great weather.
My dad's birthday went well and I am now looking forward to attending the course I mentioned at the start of this thread.

I will let you know how it goes.

pleased the hol went well and dads birthday to

what course is it your starting ??

wow that's quite a drop well done you! as long as it's going the right way i think you should be really proud and pleased with yourself rather than look at other people's hba1c's

Emma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back