HBA1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosalindb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
It has shot up from 49 to 109 over course of 5 months. I have no idea whu, I have been watching my diet, taking the meds and have an hour walk every day. So disappointed.

It has shot up from 49 to 109 over course of 5 months. I have no idea whu, I have been watching my diet, taking the meds and have an hour walk every day. So disappointed.
Oh dear, something has gone awry.
Can you think of anything that has changed, have you had Covid as that seems to have triggered high blood glucose in some people.
What medications are you on and what is your diet like. Have portion sizes drifted upwards or the foods you are eating changed.
People can become less able to cope with carbohydrates and therefore may need to cut them back further and or up the medications.

No covid, I take Gliclizide and dapaglifozin added last week, levothyroxine been upped to 150mg per day. I am waiting on hospyal appointment with endocronologist I have been very cateful with diet, I am strict with it

How long have you been diagnosed, and how did your diagnosis come about (symptoms or a routine blood test?)? Have you lost weight without trying to? Did they do any testing for type 1?

I was diagnosed 2 years ago, it was routinr check for somethong else is how I found out. It was assumed type 2 because of age and slightly too much weight. No testing for tpe 1

It is still possible that it may be type 1, but as you have just started a new medication it's probably best to give it a little time to see if it helps, hopefully you won't be waiting too long to see the endocrinologist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back