Hba1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie1986

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So was diagnosed with type 2 DM last Dec, hba1c was 59, test repeated and came down to 55, I was then tested this march and it had come down to 47, nurse was really impressed, have lost weight to but stil feel deflated, guess I wanted the number to be lower.

It's still coming down, so maybe by the next review it'll be lower again

So was diagnosed with type 2 DM last Dec, hba1c was 59, test repeated and came down to 55, I was then tested this march and it had come down to 47, nurse was really impressed, have lost weight to but stil feel deflated, guess I wanted the number to be lower.
You have made good progress so be pleased with yourself as you know what you have been doing is working. It is better to reduce your level slowly as people can get issues with their eyes and nerves if blood glucose drops too rapidly.

You have made really good progress. And if the nurse was really happy I would definitely see that as an added extra.

Well done and try to see the positives

Slow and steady wins the race @Marie1986 !

And it can me much gentler on the fine blood vessels amd nerve endings to bring down your levels over a more extended period - though I completely understand how deflating it can be after putting the effort in to get a result not as low as you had hoped.

47 is not to be sniffed at in the slightest! It takes a lot of effort, and should offer good reductions in the risks of developing any diabetes-related nasties over time.

Do you test your levels after eating? That was the way I proved to myself that I needed to eat low carb to get normal numbers.
I only needed to test for a while, so as to see my numbers go down as I continued to improve, once I got under 8mmol/l after meals I went on eating the same meals and saw under 7 and once in a while even under 6!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back