HBA1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline1967

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I just wanted to share my results! I was diagnosed with and HBA1C of 120 at the beginning of May. I have found it all a bit of a struggle to be honest and don't think I would have managed very well without this site...everyone has been so kind ad helpful.

I have just had my results for this week and it is down to 58! I am very pleased with that! I am still having a few issues as my levels are between 8-10 at the minute as I have had to stop some of the medication. I am speaking to the nurse on Monday as he wants to discuss my results....I am hoping he is just going to say well done!! I did wonder whether I needed to go back onto some of the others meds. I stopped the dapagliflozin and the gliclazide about 5 weeks ago as I had an allergic reaction to one of them. If my results are fine I am not sure whether I want to take anything else and just stick to the metformin....I will chat the the nurse and see what he thinks.
Overall I am very
pleased with the results.!

Having settles on a way of eating I like, and feel no need to deny myself the very occasional icecream when out for the day (whilst telling myself that I can do better in my own kitchen) I seem to be settled at the top end of normal Hba1cs and there seems no need to take tablets. My metabolism definitely seemed to recover once I could keep my after meal levels under 8. I went on eating the same things and saw my levels drop down under 7 and then under 6 from time to time - that seems fine to me.
My intake of carbs is quite low at no more than 40 gm a day, but I can eat quite a wide variety of meals and be well within that limit.

Congratulations on the huge drop in your hba1c @Caroline1967 🙂 If you are eating a low carb diet, metformin should bring you down further (or as @Drummer knows, no meds at all!) You are barely 3 months into it so it's early days yet. Give yourself a huge pat on the back!

I just wanted to share my results! I was diagnosed with and HBA1C of 120 at the beginning of May. I have found it all a bit of a struggle to be honest and don't think I would have managed very well without this site...everyone has been so kind ad helpful.

I have just had my results for this week and it is down to 58! I am very pleased with that! I am still having a few issues as my levels are between 8-10 at the minute as I have had to stop some of the medication. I am speaking to the nurse on Monday as he wants to discuss my results....I am hoping he is just going to say well done!! I did wonder whether I needed to go back onto some of the others meds. I stopped the dapagliflozin and the gliclazide about 5 weeks ago as I had an allergic reaction to one of them. If my results are fine I am not sure whether I want to take anything else and just stick to the metformin....I will chat the the nurse and see what he thinks.
Overall I am very
pleased with the results.!
Congratulations on the drop in your HbA1c, that is more than halved well done you! 🙂

Amazing result!

Well done great result.

Just shows it can be done with the right mental attitude - Well done from me too.

Very well done .

Thank you for all your replies. I am feeling rather pleased with myself at the minute!!LOL

Just had a conversation with my diabetic nurse and it was 56 not 58 so even better than I thought!
I am a little bit irritated to find that in March 2020 I had my HBA1C measured as part of a blood panel (that I don't actually remember having done!!) and it was 50 but no one thought to tell me that I should do something about it. The nurse, who is brilliant, said he wasn't sure what happened between then and now. I did say that if anyone had told me then I could have done something about it!! No good complaining now but if only I had known!!!

Hi @Caroline1967, I'm glad you've found our website useful! I hope your appointment goes well and let us know if you need any further help. 🙂

Well done @Caroline1967 .
no wonder you are feeling pleased with yourself.

As you say there is no point in thinking what you could have done if …
You are doing it now and it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back