Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Any good?

Attachments

• B51A72C4-4CE2-41E5-98CE-2DDB74C4CE4A.png
    B51A72C4-4CE2-41E5-98CE-2DDB74C4CE4A.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 19
@Jimmy2202 i assume that is a screenshot of your Libre screen.
Please bear in mind this is a HbA1C estimate which is calculated a different way to blood tests.
Libre HbA1C estimates are renowned to be significantly lower than blood tests. They are good to compare with previous Libre estimates but do not be disappointed if your blood tests are higher.
For example, my blood test was 10 higher than Libre.

But don’t be disheartened, you are doing very well.

Sure. Especially if you have good TIR (including not too many lows or highs). The target's usually 48 (or lower), but I think there's increasing opinion that a flattish graph is at least as important (and is easier to aim for than HbA1c, day to day).

How do you feel about it?
Well, I feel good in that my Libre graph tells me 5 out of 7 days I’m roughly 90/% in range!
I remember my first meeting with a nurse at the hospital upon diagnosis she said a type 1 should aim for 70% in range so I’ll take that.

What I would like to know is: given I rarely inject at work due to physical job, do I run the risk of keytones as I might find myself at say 12 after lunch but by 2.30pm it’s down to like 6

@Jimmy2202 i assume that is a screenshot of your Libre screen.
Please bear in mind this is a HbA1C estimate which is calculated a different way to blood tests.
Libre HbA1C estimates are renowned to be significantly lower than blood tests. They are good to compare with previous Libre estimates but do not be disappointed if your blood tests are higher.
For example, my blood test was 10 higher than Libre.

But don’t be disheartened, you are doing very well.
Very useful to know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back