Hba1c today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused.com54

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I’ve not been diagnosed with diabetes. Well, I had the most strange thing happen. I woke at 4am completely starving and had to get up and make myself a sandwich ??? Most unusual for me. Then I remembered that I’d had some episodes at work when I felt, in general terms waffy, lightheaded, heart racing, had to sit down and eat some biscuits until I felt better. I checked my blood sugar yesterday when I got up at 7.30ish, with my husband’s kit and it was 11.9, checked again before tea and it was 16.2. I have been thirsty and going to the lav a lot. But not major thirst and no weight loss. Had hba1c done today. I checked my blood sugar this morning and it was 6.4, the rest of my readings today, normal. I am confused.com. Maybe I’m pre diabetes?? ‍♀️ Any thoughts from you lovely experts? You know when you’ve had a test and you are wondering what’s happening to you. But then again, I am also premenopausal and don’t have a clue what’s going on in general these days. Nice to meet you folk x

Hello, I sometimes had to get off the tube shaking internally to get some sugary stuff. From the readings that you give, it does seem that your readings indicate less than perfect BG control. You should proceed with testing with your GP/diabetes team.

Hi Confused.com54, welcome to the site.

It's tricky as many things can impact your BG levels. If you've done your HbA1C and everything came back ok then it might be a case of just monitoring it for a while and then going back to your GP if you're still experiencing symptoms.

The challenge is that these symptoms can be related to other things so wait to see what your test results are and take it from there.

Either way, we're here to support you so keep us updated.

Thank you for your kind responses. Yes, I understand it may not be diabetes related and all I can do is wait. All I can say is I had the most terrible night with constant thirst, going to the lav, fast heart rate, anxious. I feel shocking today and didn’t go into work. They phoned me back a few hours later and asked if I would be going into work tomorrow as someone else just phoned in sick. I found that upsetting.

It is not clear from what you say whether you have seen your GP and had the HbA1C which would be test to diagnose diabetes. If not you should try to arrange that as soon as possible.
If you have and are waiting results then make use of the time to start a food diary and as it sounds as if you have a monitor then test before your meal and after 2 hours to see if the food you are having is resulting in high glucose levels.
The thirst etc is an indication that your levels are higher than desirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back