HBa1c test

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosalindb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
I am due an appointment for this on Monday 1 November. This will sound silly but this time I am stressing over it, I have done well so far in reducing BG levels. I have developed a fear of needles but I will put my big girl pants on as I want to keep doing well. I was used to being there as a carer but now find myself on the other end of appointments. Oh I now really get how my brother felt when I was his carer. I have been keeping on top of things and know I have nothing to really worry about, its just one of those things. Hope everyone is doing OK.

@rosalindb we are all behind you and your big girl pants. If you have been putting in the effort to reduce your levels, you have nothing to fear.
I understand your needle problem. Despite injecting every day for years as a T1, I cannot watch anyone else inject me.
You will not be the first person the nurse/phlebotomist has come across so don't be afraid to tell them - they will not think any less of you.

Good luck ... although it doesn't sound as if you need it if you are wearing your lucky knickers :D

@rosalindb - I have Type 1 so over the last 49 years heaven knows how many jabs I've had/given myself -and even been a blood donor - but still don't like having blood taken for tests, even though I want the test results. Years ago a nurse at the Family Planning clinic told me, to take a deep breath just before any such 'invasion' and breath OUT slowly as the process was done - and you know what - it works!

You don't need luck because you already know there will be an improvement but hope it all goes smoothly and the "plucky knickers" work and you are very happy with the results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back