HBA1C Test Return Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJT82

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Evening folks, I had my my first HBA1C post diagnosis (3 months) bloods taken on Monday last week (28/02), roughly how long does it take to get a result?

I had my test to confirm diagnosis come through in less than 48 hours, although that was a diagnosis rather than a check up so I suspect treated with greater urgency.

Am I just being impatient?

Mine normally takes 3-5 days. You need to give the surgery time to process your result. I often leave it a week before phoning.

About 5 days here, guess routine bloods are not classed as urgent therefore explains delay.

It’s been 10 days now, I’ll give them a call if I’ve not heard by the end of the week. Thanks

Results appeared on my app the following day for me.

They would normally only take a couple of days to get back to the doctor but then they would have to be reviewed by the GP before being released. I would normally ring after 4 days as they would not normally ring me, it would be up to me to ring them.

It’s been 10 days now, I’ll give them a call if I’ve not heard by the end of the week. Thanks
are you waiting for them to contact you about them?
I had mine done in jan and no one phoned me to let me know, I had to log into my online to find out (or you can phone).

It appears I need to give them a call and look into getting signed up online.

Thanks folks

I see your signature...wow! well done.

Had my bloods drawn Tuesday and just been notified of the results. So it varies according to your surgery and how they operate I guess.

I got mine the next day I’m down to 38 too but it took me longer it’s taken me 6 months and 5st to get from 89 to 38
Your progress has been ridiculously good, been quite the inspiration! The hard work starts now in trying to maintain that level and transitioning from the mainly Newcastle diet (and the week in NY where I was maybe a bit looser than recently!). Can’t let myself think the jobs done, it’s a job for life.

Your progress has been ridiculously good, been quite the inspiration! The hard work starts now in trying to maintain that level and transitioning from the mainly Newcastle diet (and the week in NY where I was maybe a bit looser than recently!). Can’t let myself think the jobs done, it’s a job for life.
Oh have you been doing that since october? I only did 800 cals for 11 weeks (weirdly I was tested at 11 weeks instead of 12) then I gradually eased up to 1500 but have stalled for the past few weeks not putting any weight on but not losing any either so seriously considering doing 800 cals again to get my last 2st off but husband and dad going crazy about me going back into 800 again I’m off to Florida in June slightly concerned about it x

I did my version of it, shakes for two meals then a healthy proper evening meal, working around the 1000cals mark per day. I’ve maintained it a bit longer than I probably should but tbh I was enjoying it. I’ve been on holiday the last week or so so I’m going to get back on the shakes for a few weeks just to get back into good habits (and I have about £50 of them to use up!!).

Like you I still would like to go a bit further with my weight loss but I do need to transition to around the 1500cal real food plan but with some exercise thrown in.

You’ve done amazingly well, don’t forget how far you’ve come, it can be easy to get annoyed as progress slows or stalls, the weight loss is cool and I’m guessing like myself you probably needed to get rid of it, remember what kick started this and why we’ve done the almost unbelievable in a short space of time. We’ve both made massive positive changes to our blood levels, the weight loss is a bonus, with your attitude you will make your final goal it just may take a bit longer than what you’ve already done. Getting on the shakes may give you a kick start again but I think it’s important people like me and you don’t get too hung up on the weight loss and essentially starve ourselves to a goal.

You’ll get there….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back