Hba1c Spring Effect Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
i haven't posted in ages last year i managed to get my Hba1c down to a nice 41 but then with little changes to diet the next tests showed it at 49 i thought everything was okay but then started feeling ill.

roll on and just recently bloods showed issues with both liver and kidneys and i couldn't believe it as my Hba1c had shot up to 84.

after consultation i was told i was suffering from spring effect which i had never heard of hence i have started new medication in order to prevent damage to the organs and if it doesn't work then hospital time.

got to admit that it does make you poorly as my chloride levels dropped along with sodium. my liver alt levels have also increased.

will be having fresh bloods done again to see if there is any improvement.

Hello Mikeydt1,
how lovely to see you again. Everyone has been worried about you as absent for so long. Hope all is well with you now regarding the cancer diagnoses.

Lovely to see you back @mikeydt1, but sorry to hear about the sharp rise in HbA1c.

I’ve not been told anything about Spring having an effect on HbA1c either, though I can see that changes in the seasons do sometimes mean I have to tweak my insulin dose.

Hope the new medication does the trick and you can stay out of hospital.

Good to hear from you @mikeydt1 🙂 I hope the new medication helps. I’d never heard of Spring effect either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back