HbA1c results

helen56

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I got my HbA1c results today and it's down to 30! I did expect to see a good number (75 was the first reading in June, when I was diagnosed, and 61 three weeks later) as I've done everything my doctor and the good people here have advised me but never did I expect it to be this low. I was hoping for something like 45.

I'm thrilled and I can't wait to show my doctor :star:

Awesome result! Well done!

Wow - what an incredible drop...!! Well done you.

@helen56 that is an amazing result so quickly. We're you on medication? I'm trying but not always motivated. I was 69 at end of June 65 at end of July which I was disappointed at and started medication mid August. I'm now at 51 so work in progress. I haven't yet sorted out a proper exercise regime and feel a little blown of course by an SGLT2 which now requires me to keep my carbs up whereas I was 80 to 130. It has also delivered 3 x doses of diarrhoea in a fortnight. I have walked and gardened. I'm due a cataract op at end of month which may briefly stop vigorous exercise.

Any tips gratefully received.

Absolutely delighted for you! Really fab result! Well done you!!

@helen56 that is an amazing result so quickly. We're you on medication? I'm trying but not always motivated. I was 69 at end of June 65 at end of July which I was disappointed at and started medication mid August. I'm now at 51 so work in progress. I haven't yet sorted out a proper exercise regime and feel a little blown of course by an SGLT2 which now requires me to keep my carbs up whereas I was 80 to 130. It has also delivered 3 x doses of diarrhoea in a fortnight. I have walked and gardened. I'm due a cataract op at end of month which may briefly stop vigorous exercise.

Any tips gratefully received.

Well, at first I was on 2 Metformin a day, for a month or so. Sometime in July I stopped the morning pill, it made me depressed. I only took the evening pill (and still do). The doctor agreed I should try it and see how things went. It didn't affect my numbers at all.
I've changed my diet and moved more (swimming and walking but nothing extraordinary). I've stopped eating bread, I rarely eat potatoes and rice and I eat special pasta (with very few carbs). And of course no sugar. I've found substitutes as I do like sweets. I only have refined sugar with coffee and that's only when I go out (at home I take it black). I've also lost weight (30 kg since last spring).

That's about it but we're all different. I think you're doing well, too.

Well, at first I was on 2 Metformin a day, for a month or so. Sometime in July I stopped the morning pill, it made me depressed. I only took the evening pill (and still do). The doctor agreed I should try it and see how things went. It didn't affect my numbers at all.
I've changed my diet and moved more (swimming and walking but nothing extraordinary). I've stopped eating bread, I rarely eat potatoes and rice and I eat special pasta (with very few carbs). And of course no sugar. I've found substitutes as I do like sweets. I only have refined sugar with coffee and that's only when I go out (at home I take it black). I've also lost weight (30 kg since last spring).

That's about it but we're all different. I think you're doing well, too.
Well done @helen56. Your hard work has really paid off. What an awesome result ! It gives me something to aim for at my next review.

I got my HbA1c results today and it's down to 30! I did expect to see a good number (75 was the first reading in June, when I was diagnosed, and 61 three weeks later) as I've done everything my doctor and the good people here have advised me but never did I expect it to be this low. I was hoping for something like 45.

I'm thrilled and I can't wait to show my doctor :star:
That’s a fantastic result @helen56 your hard-work has paid off :star:

Brilliant news @helen56

Well don’t on all the positive changes you have made, and for your terrific weight loss.

You have every right to feel very proud of what you have achieved.

:star::star::star::star::star:

Oh well done. You've done brilliantly!!

Back