HbA1c Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not sure what to make of these numbers

I was at 9.8 pre pump in March this year.
After 6 weeks on the pump it dropped to 8.7.

I just got my latest results this morning and it is 8.1.

That alone is enough for me to believe that going on the pump was definately the right choice. The good thing is I can see where I can improve further which is something I couldn't do with MDI.

Anyway, a drop of 1.7% in 6 months. Is that too quick, about right or not quick enough? Personally I am quite happy as despite anything else its the lowest its EVER been!

I think those are great results and congratulations are in order. I'm not on a pump of course, so I can't tell you if they seem right for the timescale involved, I bet they are though.

Hi shadez thats great news, you have reduced your hbA thats great going,maybe some of the pumpers can share what there first hbA on the pump was and then you can compare.x

Excellent results! I'd say that the only kind of drop that may be bad is one that is due to having too tight control i.e. lots of hypos. If your levels have been relatively stable, but lower generally, then it's just about the best you can do! 🙂

Thank you all for your replies, I guess I'm so used to them being "stuck" at 9. something for so long I'm just not sure how I'm doing 🙂

Thank you all for your replies, I guess I'm so used to them being "stuck" at 9. something for so long I'm just not sure how I'm doing 🙂

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully well. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back