Hba1c Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne888

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
3 months ago I was told I was diabetic with an hba1c of 50. I’ve cut carbs and lost weight in those 3 months. I have just had the results from my bloods taken last week and the hba1c was 46. I’m gutted it’s only dropped by 4 points when it’s been so hard trying to reduce calories AND carbs!!! Oh well, onwards and upwards!

Well done on losing weight and improving your diet. It may seem a small drop but it’s actually gone down to prediabetes levels so we’ll done xx

I spoke with a nurse practitioner today and they don't want to do another Hba1c for 12 months so I won't really know where things stand. Bit disappointing.
That is pretty well normal practice, which is why many people do like to use their blood glucose monitor to make sure they are staying on a good track. Not quite the same measurement but will tell you if you are going off course.

3 months ago I was told I was diabetic with an hba1c of 50. I’ve cut carbs and lost weight in those 3 months. I have just had the results from my bloods taken last week and the hba1c was 46. I’m gutted it’s only dropped by 4 points when it’s been so hard trying to reduce calories AND carbs!!! Oh well, onwards and upwards!
Well done Lynne888 on reducing your carbs and weight and getting a reduction on your HbA1c!!!

Congrats @Lynne888, well done on he weight loss.
Have you got your own meter, might help to know if you run high or just spike high after eating ?
Those of us who run high for a period post diagnosis find that this reduces overtime as your body gets used to normal levels again

Lynne888 - that's brilliant! I was diagnosed about six months ago with a level of 128!! The nurse did ask how I felt 😉 First set of bloods went down to 57 but I have put on one stone over the past six months probably due to the metformin as I have drastically changed my diet. Keep it up, you're doing great keeping things down 🙂

@Lynne888 its going the right way so that's good.

You could ask for bloods sooner, that is worth a try. Or as others have said get yourself a meter.

Keep it up.

Lynne888 - that's brilliant! I was diagnosed about six months ago with a level of 128!! The nurse did ask how I felt 😉 First set of bloods went down to 57 but I have put on one stone over the past six months probably due to the metformin as I have drastically changed my diet. Keep it up, you're doing great keeping things down 🙂
Well done on improving your blood sugars but metformin wouldn’t make you gain a stone. You may need to look at what you’re eating and how much, reduce portions of fats and increase the vegs if you want to lose the stone again

@Lynne888 its going the right way so that's good.

You could ask for bloods sooner, that is worth a try. Or as others have said get yourself a meter.

Keep it up.
That was high! You've done brilliantly to reduce it to 57! I haven/t taken the metforminI was given... I have read that some have gained weight with it though.. not sure how accurate that is but it makes you wonder!

That was high! You've done brilliantly to reduce it to 57! I haven/t taken the metforminI was given... I have read that some have gained weight with it though.. not sure how accurate that is but it makes you wonder!
I've been taking it for years and never put on weight? I've actually lost weight even though I don't need too lol :rofl:

I've been taking it for years and never put on weight? I've actually lost weight even though I don't need too lol :rofl:
Proof that everyone is different with the meds! A quick Google seems to show some gain and some lose!!! Probably down to dosage who knows!

I have never seen many say they have gained on it, usally touted as the golden goose for losing weight. Though personally it has little impact on my weight.

According to NICE guidelines Metformin is supposed to be neutral with regards to weight gain

when i was diagnosed 5 months ago i was 157.7 and got it down to 120 so it dose take time so keep going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back