HbA1c results are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal422

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
My long awaited HbA1c result is now in and it’s 49 🙂 (Libre estimate is 45, so not too far adrift from the blood test result).

A year ago it was 58, just at the start of using the Libre so I’m putting the improvement down to all of the data and learning I have done from seeing what my BG does with different meals and situations which has enabled me to make changes to pre-bolus timing (I didn’t even pre-bolus a year ago) and make corrections when I messed up on the game of Guess The Carbs. Plus of course the help, advice and information I have read on this forum from all you lovely folks!

So, in general I’m feeling pleased with progress but just wondering whether the target of < 48 is achievable without lots of hypos?

I know everyone is different and it’s not always meaningful, nor sensible even to compare, but just wondering how other people manage and whether lower HbA1c results in the 40s is achievable or realistic? What do you guys think?

Well, was originally diagnosed with HbA1c of 83 and on my first test after that it was 50. Will be interesting what my next one will be as weightwise I'm pretty much there and both excersise and diet are where I want them to be. I'm guessing there's always room for improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back