HbA1c result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfate

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I have just had the results of my HbA1c and it has gone down to 42! I'm so happy as I have really tried to cut my carbs back and have lost weight and kept it off and still allowing myself a few treats in the week. If I can get it to 41 that was where I was at in 2018.
Any suggestions of when I should have another test? My cholesteroI has gone up slightly from 6.7 to 7 which is high I know, it was at one time 7.8. Thanks for those who have encouraged me and gave me practical advice.

Well done Sulfate, your HbA1c looks splendid now, congratulations on your excellent work paying off.
As for another test, I think mine are every six months, and I googled and found: "Regular reviews in uncomplicated stable people with diabetes can be carried out 6 monthly" at least as far as what it says for this health board in Scotland.

My cholesterol went up at the last review I had, it feels like we're playing a game of Whack-a-mole, you whack the HbA1C, and the cholesterol goes up instead. Hope you can get on top of yours.
Sarah

I have just had the results of my HbA1c and it has gone down to 42! I'm so happy as I have really tried to cut my carbs back and have lost weight and kept it off and still allowing myself a few treats in the week. If I can get it to 41 that was where I was at in 2018.
Any suggestions of when I should have another test? My cholesteroI has gone up slightly from 6.7 to 7 which is high I know, it was at one time 7.8. Thanks for those who have encouraged me and gave me practical advice.
Well done!! great news that your HbA1c has gone down, I was told you can be tested every 3 months

I had 3 monthly tests for the first year and 6 monthly thereafter. I suspect, like so many other aspects of diabetes, that it is a postcode lottery as to how often you're called up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back