HbA1c result - can anyone help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dora71

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello there - had a diagnosis of type 2 a few weeks ago when I had an oral glucose test. Lower was 7.5 after fasting and 12.9 after lucozade.

Had a finger prick done last week at assesment which was 7.1 and got my results today for my first HbA1c test which has come back at 6.2.

Are these ok figures? I am working really hard at trying to move some weight so hope they will improve in three months time when I have my next one.

I'd kill for an HbA1c of 6.2, my last one was 7.7. 12.9 is a little high, but Lucozade sends my numbers through the roof too. My Blood Glucose was 24.5 when I was diagnosed and I've heard of others who even higher than that. I'd say you're doing OK.

Last edited:
Hi dora71,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'm a Type 2 also who was diagnosed more than nine years ago - and I'm doing just fine.

Those figures are considered to be good levels to maintain to avoid complications. You really ought to learn as much as you can and then adjust your diet to keep at that level - or even take it lower.

Losing weight and exercise helps too but, in my opinion, diet is the key to good control.

Best wishes - John

Hello Dora and welcom to the forums. Can't add to what's already been said. Although some forum users have been diabetic for a long time, we are all still learning new things, so stick around and we will learn together.

Hi Dora and welcome to the forum im like alison id love to habve hbA of 6.2 alas i have to do with 7.3 for now lol.

hi dora T2 aswell my last HbA1c was 6.5 and my dsn was well pleased!! so well done !

Nothing wrong with a hba1c of 6.1, especially as you are so early into having diabetes. I bet next time your hba1c will be much lower and in the 5's.

Toby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back