HbA1c result but shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndasw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my HbA1c result today. Down from 7 to 6.1 so obviously really pleased with that :D What I really don't get is that my first test four weeks after diagnosis was 8 and I was really, really strict and got it down to 7. But since that test 11 weeks ago I have been more relaxed having the odd pizza, cake, glass of wine, bit of chocolate etc so I was expecting it to be higher than 7. I was so shocked I made the receptionist check the results twice! Like I said I am obviously pleased as I was expecting to be put on medication but I just don't get it :confused:

The reason you were higher on diagnosis is because the hba1c is for the average over the past 3 months and you were probably running quite high without knowing it. But now you do know - you are obviously making steps in the right direction and if your on meds - they will also be helping to keep things on an even keel. Brilliant results - you must have been very good - much better than you thought.🙂Bev

That's terrific news Lynda! I think you must have underestimated the cumulative effects of those first few early efforts - it can really transform the metabolism and increase insulin sensitivity 🙂 The trick is not to become complacent. I recently had mine done and it was unchanged at 5.6%, but like you I thought I had let things slide a bit, so it was a pleasant surprise. Just try to keep things 'ticking over' by making sure that you keep active and only treat yourself when you need or deserve it 🙂

good stuff ...i thought the same with my last one thiught it be well bad and it had leveled out at 6.4 good luck for next one X🙂

I'm hoping for something similar when I get my results back, but don't expect it!

Well done!

Andy 🙂

Great news Lyndaw - it's a difficult balance between good diet and activity, and having fun, but sounds like you've got it sussed - I know my life's better for the odd glass of wine, chocolate (neighbour recently gave us 3 x 200g bars of out of date chocolate she'd been intending to use for baking - only 6 months out of date, which is nothing compared to 4 years out of date chocolate that had been to Antartica and back!), cake, pizza etc. I know type 2s have to be stricter than type 1s who can titrate insulin, but activity / exercise gives everyone a bit more leeway.

Well done Lynda, that is a good result.

Great stuff Lynda,

You know the right way! Keep on going down!

Best wishes - John

Fantastic results Lynda, well done :D x

Well done on your hba1c reduction🙂 x

Well done!!🙂

Thanks everyone :D I will be on a mission to get under the 6 next time 🙂

First of all, well done 🙂 i too had my 2nd HbA1C result this week and i too really thought it would be higher than my first 6.7% but it was 6.5% so let's keep up the good work 🙂

First of all, well done 🙂 i too had my 2nd HbA1C result this week and i too really thought it would be higher than my first 6.7% but it was 6.5% so let's keep up the good work 🙂

Well done Carina :D

Thanks everyone :D I will be on a mission to get under the 6 next time 🙂

Well done Lynda that is a great HBA1C result. I too like you have been aiming for under 6 but just don't seem to manage it...i will continue to stick with this aim though 🙂

Bernie xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back