HbA1c of 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok? It's brilliant. Well done.

Thanks . I thought it had to be under 48

Maybe, but a reduction from 92 to 52 is one hell of an achievement in a short time.
52 is moving towards being out of the 'danger zone' for complications. Keep going!

Managing diabetes is more of a marathon than a sprint. Reducing levels too fast can cause further complications.
So, I echo the previous comments - a fantastic achievement. Under 48 should be achievable if you keep going.
Why stop at 48? Some people have put their type 2 diabetes into remission to lower than pre-diabetes levels (under 42).

I was diagnoses with type 2 in March this year with an HbA1c of 92 I have just received my second HbA1c reading 52 . I have been on metformin and have lost about 10 Kg. Is this ok?
Brilliant! HbA1c is influenced by BG readings over the previous 12 or so weeks. Likely enough your next read will be quite a bit liwer, if you maintain or extend the weight loss.

Managing diabetes is more of a marathon than a sprint. Reducing levels too fast can cause further complications.
So, I echo the previous comments - a fantastic achievement. Under 48 should be achievable if you keep going.
Why stop at 48? Some people have reversed their type 2 diabetes to lower than pre-diabetes levels (under 42).
Thanks. I will keep going with diet and exercise.

Brilliant! HbA1c is influenced by BG readings over the previous 12 or so weeks. Likely enough your next read will be quite a bit liwer, if you maintain or extend the weight loss.
Thanks - will try to keep going but I recognise that I might be slipping a bit re food.

It's a superb improvement!! Keep doing what you're doing, well done :D

Great work, you should be very proud of what you've achieved. Please see the link below for more information about HbA1c and a finger prick test

Wow! Well done on the great result @IanR76. That’s brilliant! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back