Hba1c level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funnyday

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've just recently had an annual Diabetes review. My Hba1c result was 40. The GP said that this is a pre-diabetes level. He was happy with it. So I'm happy with it. This wasn't on a low-carb diet either.

Many congratulations. 40 is actually in the normal range so below "Pre diabetes" range which is 42-47.

Do you know what your previous reading was and would you like to share with people what worked for you in reducing it?

My previous level was 41. How I achieved this was by having a no-sugar diet. I had regular portions of carbs, protein, and some fats. I just avoided anything sweet. It was not hard work to do. I tested after each meal for several months to see what to avoid and what worked for me. Cutting out any food that gave a too high reading.

Well done you!

Ah! So no appreciable reduction then from 41 to 40. When were you diagnosed diabetic and what was your HbA1c then as 41 doesn't even get you into the "prediabetes" range?
Are you still taking Metformin and Trulicity?

I can't remember my previous hba1c level. I'm still taking metformin. My GP has re-issued a prescription for Trulicity. As it stopped for a few months a while back for some reason. I will pick that up again this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back