HbA1c level question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was at the nurse today and my first HbA1c level has come back as 7.1%. She didnt really explain anything is that good? Thanks in Advance.

hi there caz what a silly nurse not explaining 7.1 is great a few of us would want it that good, if you look above at top of page above the sites address and next to competition it says hbA1c click and that might give you some help x

Hi cazscot,

That is a good result 🙂 We are aiming for <6.5% So not too far to go!

Hi cazscot! That's not bad at all for your first HbA1C! Ideally, it should be below 6.5, but really not very far to go🙂

I was at the nurse today and my first HbA1c level has come back as 7.1%. She didnt really explain anything is that good? Thanks in Advance.

Dear cazcot,

It depends who you talk to as to what is considered good blood sugar. Diabetes UK will tell you an HbA1c under 6.5% is good but some researchers are saying we should shoot for below 6%. Here's what Jenny Ruhl says:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/16422495.php

Regards Dodger

Last edited:
Hi,

7.1% is a reasonable starting position. However, I recommend that you aim to get below 6% if you can. I found it relatively easy to do - following health professionals advice took me up to 9.5% but I've since reversed my situation through testing and changing my diet and got my last result down to 5.3%.

It's well worth the effort to keep well clear of the quite horrible complications that can come a diabetic's way.

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back