HbA1c - Happy with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb_l

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Had a phone call from my diabetes nurse this morning and my latest HbA1c is 38! Yayyyy, I’m more than happy with that.

Following the low carb approach has definitely been a revelation to me. Yes, it’s made a huge difference to the diabetes but just in general, low carb seems to suit me better and I don’t get food hangover’s anymore.

Staying motivated is my next challenge, I still have weight to lose, I’m enjoying being back swimming and I’ve sort of got a plan of challenging myself to another 10k road race at some point. I HATE running but I love organised races, especially if there is a medal and T-shirt at the end!

I have treated myself to a little trinket this morning to celebrate

IMG_6664.jpeg

Also sharing a before and now weight loss journey piccie. It can be done :D

I’m the one in the middle

4B8C838F-DC09-4418-95CE-8D14A66228EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Many, many congratulations to you on a fabulous result and Wow!! What an amazing transformation!
WELL DONE!

You certainly deserve that little "trinket" Hope you get lots of enjoyment from wearing it. A suitable reminder of your amazing achievement.

Had a phone call from my diabetes nurse this morning and my latest HbA1c is 38! Yayyyy, I’m more than happy with that.

Following the low carb approach has definitely been a revelation to me. Yes, it’s made a huge difference to the diabetes but just in general, low carb seems to suit me better and I don’t get food hangover’s anymore.

Staying motivated is my next challenge, I still have weight to lose, I’m enjoying being back swimming and I’ve sort of got a plan of challenging myself to another 10k road race at some point. I HATE running but I love organises races, especially if there is a medal and T-shirt at the end!

I have treated myself to a little trinket this morning to celebrate

View attachment 26959

Also sharing a before and now weight loss journey piccie. It can be done :D

I’m the one in the middle

View attachment 26960
Well done! So pleased for you.🙂🙂🙂🙂

Just the sort of trinket you deserve, I'd say! Bracelet, or necklace? Both lovely pics themselves, and apols to the two other ladies in the first one, but I much prefer the second!

And so you should be!!!
Congratulations, that’s a fantastic result - well done and really well deserved! Such a turnaround from nearly 100 at the beginning of the year!

Just the sort of trinket you deserve, I'd say! Bracelet, or necklace? Both lovely pics themselves, and apols to the two other ladies in the first one, but I much prefer the second!
It’s a bracelet. It called to me as I walked past the jewellers :rofl:

Yes, the second pic is definitely better. I’ve had that little black dress for years but not been able to fit in it for the last five of them. Still a bit tight but I’ll get there.

What an amazing achievement. You are inspirational!

Brilliant! Well done.

Oh my. What a transformation, @deb_i . You have done SO well on so many fronts.

I'm sure feeling well will be a big motivator to keeping going. Almost 10 years in, I can confidently say it gets easier with time.

Wow, well done, congratulations, wow! Amazing! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back