HbA1c guessing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

42istheanswer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Bloods taken yesterday (Friday 13th 😱), I'll get the results next Friday at my nurse review appointment as I haven't got apps to access GP records set up at present.

HbA1c 54 at diagnosis in August 2022 (bloods taken on 11th so 5 months between the readings).

MySugr has mostly been estimating 36-37 but was saying 35 just before I damaged my phone and lost access for a few days on 6th Jan. (And I have forgotten to check BG much this week so not enough readings to get one ATM).

The Libre2 I used in November was saying about 35-36 before it went crazy and said I was hypo almost all day (now saying 32 because of the 3 days of false hypos before it behaved again for a day until I knocked it off accidentally, total 12 days of readings).

I have lost about 17kg weight since diagnosis and have only recorded 2 highs above 10 on BG machine from August to December.

Guesses welcome!

I don't have any physical rewards to offer, but the person or people who get it right/closest will get a shout out 😉

36!

Last edited:
Libre under assesses for me.

I am going with 38. I think it will be slightly higher than Libre predicts because that always seems to be the case for me (and many others here), but since Libre is sampling levels 24/7, it will be getting a much more representative sample than the odd finger prick used to get the average on MySugr.

I am going with 38. I think it will be slightly higher than Libre predicts because that always seems to be the case for me (and many others here), but since Libre is sampling levels 24/7, it will be getting a much more representative sample than the odd finger prick used to get the average on MySugr.
It did very much interest me that they were mostly saying about the same!

My sugr is giving me a 38 at the moment, should know a more accurate figure when I've had my assessment on February 3rd.

Libre was always a bit optimistic for me too, so I’m plumping for 41, but I am sure you’ll be down on your starting point so well done!

Libre also underestimates for me, but not by a consistent amount. At one point libre was saying 32 and I was 36, the last time it was still saying it was 32 and it was 39. Was a bit surprised to be honest.

so far I know that my cholesterol is down (though still above the preferred level) as I had a text from one of the GPs congratulating me... results day for HbA1c tomorrow!

so far I know that my cholesterol is down (though still above the preferred level) as I had a text from one of the GPs congratulating me... results day for HbA1c tomorrow!

Well done on reducing cholesterol, sure your result today will be equally as good.

Honours are jointly shared between @Proud to be erratic and @rebrascora - 39! Very happy with that, though I'm not sure I'm quite ready to call it reversed rather than diet controlled. non-HDL, LDL and triglycerides down too and HDL up within that reduced total cholesterol, so hopefully that will continue to improve as I lose a bit more weight.

Great news!.... that I won.... even if I was 1 off. Happy to share the honours with Roland.

More importantly and GREATER NEWS, that you are in the normal range and cholesterol has come down and ratios improved. Well done!!

Likewise, great news and very well done. You've reaped the rewards of your own efforts, which seems extremely fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back