HbA1c guessing thread June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

42istheanswer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Who wants to guess my latest HbA1c? Bloods taken yesterday (23rd June) so any guesses on HbA1c? I'll get the results probably at my Diabetic Review on 30th June. I have maintained my weight loss with only slight variations since approximately the end of April. I'm no longer tracking exact carbs but still aiming on most days to be under 130g total.

For interest/consideration (I think @Docb at least will be interested) in the last 30 days (22 entries) my average fasting blood glucose has been 6.0 and over the last 90 days (72 entries) it was 5.5. I have had 5 post meal readings higher than 8.5 (but fewer times I have checked pre and post meals than previously) - 8.6 (3 above pre meal) ; 8.7 (3) ; 14.7 (9.2) ; 10 (4.9) and 8.8 (3.9)

My last HbA1c result in January was 39. In the 30 days before that (30 entries) my average fasting blood glucose was 5.7 and over the 90 days before that (88 entries) it averaged 6.3. I had 7 post meal readings above 8.5 (plus a few more at 8.5) - 12 (no pre reading) ; 8.8 (2.8 above pre meal); 9.0 (2.6) ; 8.8 (3.1) ; 8.8 (3) ; 9.5 (4.3) and 10.0 (3.4)

Last edited:
I say 38

Well, got to rise to this challenge!

If it were me, average fasting blood glucose over the last 90 days of 5.5 would give me an HbA1c of 37+/- 1.

I am not betting against @Docb and his highly analytical mind, but I am going to latch onto his suggestion and go with the higher option of 37+1 ie 38 just because your fasting average has increased a little over the last 30 days and those recent ones will have a little more bearing.
However I love @SB2015's suggestion and really hoping she is right because I am a Douglas Adams fan..... having said that, 42 is a bit higher than you personally might like, although I would be absolutely thrilled with 42 myself.

Well no one guessed exactly correctly, @Docb was closest! The score on the door is 35 !! I am very happy with that. My cholesterol is down a little further to 5.8 as well :D😎

Congratulations! That is an excellent result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back