HbA1c ..good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin9

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just had my telephone call from GP Practice Nurse to inform me of my recent HbA1c test result, I was a bit worried about this as I had reduced my Metformin to 2 x daily from 3 x daily.
I needn’t have worried it’s the same as last time it’s at 32 m.mol/ mol.
Pleased...🙄🙄

Well done Martin9,
Do you monitor your BG with a meter? If so you can be fairly sure of how well you are doing between HbA1C tests.

Well done Martin9,
Do you monitor your BG with a meter? If so you can be fairly sure of how well you are doing between HbA1C tests.
Yes I monitor, but not as much as I used to, maybe twice a day...

Well done Martin9,
I’m not testing enough to really know what’s happening all the time eg at night when I’m sleeping, like after & before meals etc, I’ve done that spent lots of cash doing it before, so this time I wasn’t testing as much

Great result, you should be really pleased with that xx

Knew it! Well done, Martin.

Is there a generally accepted number that’s accepted as an optimal number for an HBA1c result, I know 32 is within normal range but is there an optimal number...?

Is there a generally accepted number that’s accepted as an optimal number for an HBA1c result, I know 32 is within normal range but is there an optimal number...?

I don't think so, but if there were, I think it would be about where you are 🙂

The benchmark I look at says median HbA1c for healthy, non-diabetic 40-59 yr old males is 35; and 33 for 20-39 yr olds. So you are lower than most healthy 20-39 yr olds and even more so versus 40-59 yr olds.

The lowest 5% are at 27 (older) and 25 (younger) or lower. The highest 5% are at 41 (older) and 39 (younger) or higher.

I don't think so, but if there were, I think it would be about where you are 🙂

The benchmark I look at says median HbA1c for healthy, non-diabetic 40-59 yr old males is 35; and 33 for 20-39 yr olds. So you are lower than most healthy 20-39 yr olds and even more so versus 40-59 yr olds.

The lowest 5% are at 27 (older) and 25 (younger) or lower. The highest 5% are at 41 (older) and 39 (younger) or higher.
Thanks @Eddy Edson ..I wondered..great reply !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back