HbA1c gone ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Had new bloods its 51 this time. I knew it was not going lower as not losing weight and finger tests were similar a few worse than last.
Not sure what to do and that's with Jardiance and a low carb diet.
I don't want to ear less as always hungry, cannot really do much more physically either. I am up in the night a bit too with insomnia.
ill plod on but its been a hard Christmas no Christmas dinner as he was out and been good with not having treats. So would not hVe liked it if i had indulged.

Had new bloods its 51 this time. I knew it was not going lower as not losing weight and finger tests were similar a few worse than last.
I don't want to ear less as always hungry, cannot really do much more physically either. I am up in the night a bit too with insomnia.
ill plod on but its been a hard Christmas no Christmas dinner as he was out and been good with not having treats. So would not hVe liked it if i had indulged.

Nayshiftin, going low carb doesn't necessarily equate to being hungry. Personally, I find I have more hunger pangs if I've been a bit heavy on the carbs.

I'm not suggesting you go Ninja or carnivore, but I try to concentrate my meal planning on the protein and veg.

In terms of 49>51 (if I read your signature correctly), that isn't a clinically concerning increase. Here in UK, out A1c results tend to be in full numbers, so there will almost always be an element of rounding in there. Your 49 could have been 48.6, and similarly, your 51 could have been 50.6 with rounding in play each time.

Personally, when I got into a place I accepted my diagnosis and accepted it'd be a longer term work in progress, I allowed myself a range for acceptable A1cs. What that range is is only important to me, but the essence is a number plus, or minus, say 5.

Life doesn't always run to plan. Plans change, issues, illness, stress and lots of other things enter or leave our lives, usually in an unwanted way, and can impact how our bodies operate.

For example, my weight was rock solid for almost 10 year, until a loss led me to do a certain amount of comfort eating over a few months. My A1c wasn't impacted, but I have gained about 3kg. Again, not a materially worrying gain, but certainly a trend I had to concentrate to halt. Those pounds will go in the coming weeks as we're off travelling in the new year and I usually lose then, whether I want to or not.

Be a bit kind to yourself. Maybe just a bit of mindful menu planning to hopefully reduce your hunger. Regular hunger can never be a great place to be.

You could try some herbal sleeping pills to see if they help with the insomnia, Nytol or Sleepeze herbal. My OH wears an eye mask which he finds helps as well.
HbA1C is roughly the same as last time, I know it is disappointing that it hasn't gone down. All you can do is stick with it as you have done really well so far.

The way I see it, you have had a huge success. You brought your levels down from 108 to about 50 this year and you have maintained that reduction. That is really excellent. Let's not quibble about a 2mmols increase which is neither here nor there and probably within the error range of the testing, when you have come down 57 overall in a year. The important thing is that you are down to a level where the risk of complications is minimal and you are maintaining that level and maintenance is the hard part because you don't have improvement to motivate you. It is still a great achievement and you should be really proud of yourself. Let's not nit pick over 2mmols please, because it is no big deal in the big picture.
You are doing fantastic, keep at it!

My typo its 53 but ill still ride with it .
The thing I am most concerned with is the cholesterol has gone to 6.1 which yes is high.
The arthritis means statins are not nice to take .
If i could get my leg cramps under control the insomnia would go.
Hey ho it is what it is.
i think in the better weather you are moving more in the garden etc.
Its for life this.
I'm not surprised as Is not want to eat any less.
I still find no treat food hard especially at
Christmas.
Ive a party on the 7th just know if i could have same as others life would be easy.
It has taken the life and soul from me.
Its Winter it will pass.

My typo its 53 but ill still ride with it .
The thing I am most concerned with is the cholesterol has gone to 6.1 which yes is high.
The arthritis means statins are not nice to take .
If i could get my leg cramps under control the insomnia would go.
Hey ho it is what it is.
i think in the better weather you are moving more in the garden etc.
Its for life this.
I'm not surprised as Is not want to eat any less.
I still find no treat food hard especially at
Christmas.
Ive a party on the 7th just know if i could have same as others life would be easy.
It has taken the life and soul from me.
Its Winter it will pass.
I find rubbing magnesium gel into my calves which is mostly where the cramp is at night. My other half found wearing compression socks also helped as I think somebody else on here did.*

I find rubbing magnesium gel into my calves which is mostly where the cramp is at night. My other half found wearing compression socks also helped as I think somebody else on here did.*
I also use magnesium gel, when I previously used a Deep Heat roll-on. Nowadays I apply the mag gel in advance if I think my muscles are twitchy and possibly going to give me cramp; that seems to always work. Previously the Deep Heat was after the cramp.

Yes, and you gave those suggestions way back then when I mentioned it in my post. I have tried all sorts meaning most things evening different combinations of things. The more exercise I do the worse it gets as had in in the thigh which is pure torture as it seems to last longer. At times they just feel like they are going to cramp and I get up as that's the only thing that works. However, I got a cramp standing while washing dishes and had it ringing standing too. For most to laugh. Physio says to do the opposite of what you are doing. I.e Lie down or stand up, move or sit and it does move it along. I need a painkiller for the thigh but for the calf, I manage to cope with the tightness as it is not on the 9/10 scale for long. I am seeing someone on the 24th although got texted this evening to make a call with a nurse. Looking into Empagliflozin it can raise cholesterol so I'll wait I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back