HbA1c gone up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Now at 6.5 - it has gradually been climbing for the last 12 months. got it as low as 5.4 12 months ago.

I despair :confused:

still within acceptable levels.................

and the HbA1c is only a level for the last 2-3 months.......

6.5% is perfectly fine, so don't despair. 🙂

I can't remember, are you insulin controlled?

Andy

Hi Andy,

I am at the moment - they put me on insulin to get maximum control while trying for a baby. Not sure of there plan long term if I conceive I will stay on it. If I don't not sure if I will come of it. (I'm just finishing a cycle of IVF).

My bs have been all over the place this last 6 weeks - see my consultant tomorrow - who know's I've been refered for IVF but does not know it is nearly over) - I'm sure he will have some solutions tomorrow.

Di x

Hi Andy,

I am at the moment - they put me on insulin to get maximum control while trying for a baby. Not sure of there plan long term if I conceive I will stay on it. If I don't not sure if I will come of it. (I'm just finishing a cycle of IVF).

My bs have been all over the place this last 6 weeks - see my consultant tomorrow - who know's I've been refered for IVF but does not know it is nearly over) - I'm sure he will have some solutions tomorrow.

Di x

In that case, I'm even more convinced that 6.5% is perfectly fine!

I'd be a little suspicious of that 5.4% because you may have been hypo-ing too much, but I may be wrong about that! 🙂

I hope you can get your bs a bit more stable, I'm sure that will then mean that your HbA1c will stabilise a bit too (hopefully a little bit down, if possible).

Good luck with the IVF!

Andy

Di that is still good figures and with what your going through at the moment it is little surprising your under alot of stress xx

Is there any chance you might be cooking a bun naturally? That could be sending your numbers all over the shop. Having a 6.5 is still good though.

Unfortunatley no - had my eggs extracted on Monday and am having re implanted this afternoon!!

I kept hoping and praying it would happen naturally - but it was not to be.

Unfortunatley no - had my eggs extracted on Monday and am having re implanted this afternoon!!

I kept hoping and praying it would happen naturally - but it was not to be.

I'm sorry about that, I hope the IVF will work. Another reason for the rise could be stress. I've a pal who went through several rounds of IVF some years ago and from her experience I know it's a very stressful process. Once it succeeded however she was as happy as larry and now has a healthy 5 year old boy. Now she's stressing about his first day at school next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back