Hba1c et al results back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

A mixed bag this time. Hba1c down a bit to 35, cholestrol components all in normal range but total still high at 6.4 (statins here we come) Two new highish ones trigs slightly at 2.5 and serum potassium can't remembet but it is at lowish end of the horror bright red abnormal.

Await the chat with the nurse...

Well done on the hba1c @Sharron1, hopefully they will consider reducing metformin now!

I'm on simverstatin now and it seems to be ok...I'm not losing energy like I did with Atorvastatin...next bloods in 3 months to check statins doing their job.

Well done on the hba1c @Sharron1, hopefully they will consider reducing metformin now!

I'm on simverstatin now and it seems to be ok...I'm not losing energy like I did with Atorvastatin...next bloods in 3 months to check statins doing their job.
It seems to be the same with statins as with blood pressure meds, some don't suit some people but they are fine with others.

Well done on the HB1ac Sharron!

Well done on the HB1ac Sharron!
Thanks. I had thought the previous copious amounts of watermelon would be a problem but no it was fine. Must remember to include moderation in my vocabulary

Thanks. Now just need to work on my enthusiasm for avocado (potassium rich) and watermelon. Is no end to this dietary learning? Clearly not.
If you have chosen a dietary regime you enjoy it should be no effort to eat the foods that will keep blood glucose where it needs to be because that should be the new normal way of eating.

Mmmmmm avocado, me likey. 😛

Is it the texture you don't like or the flavour @Sharron1? Making guacamole gets rid of the texture, and adding a bit of lemon juice and chilli deals with the taste. Drool! If it's the colour you don't like, I can't help you. :D

I adore avocado, every bit of it. I can eat two or three a day i don't even bother mashing it or adding anything. Simply remove the stone and dive in. Yum

I adore avocado, every bit of it. I can eat two or three a day i don't even bother mashing it or adding anything. Simply remove the stone and dive in. Yum
A dribble of olive oil and balsamic vinegar goes well and a bit of salt and pepper.

simverstatin ... Atorvastatin
i was the opposite, i first started on simver and i had awful reactions to it, since ive been on atorva ive been much better and its got my numbers much lower than they were.

A nurse on the phone recently just said the diabetes sucks but will help with getting the cholesterol down a bit more because the diet changes i've made so far are all really good for helping with both.

Yes! Best way

Congrats on your HbA1c result @Sharron1

Hope you can make some tweaks to get your Trigs and Potassium into the green zone 🙂

Hi @Sharron1 Well done on the HbA1C.
If you want to raise your Potassium levels, then there is a type of table salt with 2/3rd Potassium Chloride and 1/3rd Sodium Chloride available in most supermarkets either as 'Lo Salt' or an 'own brand' version which I use .
I wouldn't be concerned about the total Cholesterol figure unless the HDL portion of that is low, but I would be concerned about the Triglycerides being as high as 2.5 (and I'm shocked that nobody seems to have mentioned that before).

High Triglycerides (along with low HDL) is often made worse by statins (which can also increase Blood Glucose).
A low carb way of eating usually fixes both HDL and Triglycerides and well as the obvious things like HbA1C , blood pressure , weight etc.

Hi @Sharron1 Well done on the HbA1C.
If you want to raise your Potassium levels, then there is a type of table salt with 2/3rd Potassium Chloride and 1/3rd Sodium Chloride available in most supermarkets either as 'Lo Salt' or an 'own brand' version which I use .
I wouldn't be concerned about the total Cholesterol figure unless the HDL portion of that is low, but I would be concerned about the Triglycerides being as high as 2.5 (and I'm shocked that nobody seems to have mentioned that before).

High Triglycerides (along with low HDL) is often made worse by statins (which can also increase Blood Glucose).
A low carb way of eating usually fixes both HDL and Triglycerides and well as the obvious things like HbA1C , blood pressure , weight etc.
Thanks. I really didn't know much about Trigs. But am learning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back