Hba1C due - nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Mimoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
so my HbA1c was 37 mmol/l last time in march after 100 days of dieting. Wonder what it will be now - I've kept the 14 kg off but i've reintrodced a small amount of low carb bread and the odd bite of cheesecake if I'm being really bad. Fingers crossed...... don't want to have crept into pre diabetes again.

so my HbA1c was 37 mmol/l last time in march after 100 days of dieting. Wonder what it will be now - I've kept the 14 kg off but i've reintrodced a small amount of low carb bread and the odd bite of cheesecake if I'm being really bad. Fingers crossed...... don't want to have crept into pre diabetes again.
No way you will know until you get the result. Nothing you can do now for this test but at least you will know what you can safely introduce for the occasional treat.

thanks. just needed to vent! Broccoli and fish again tonight.....!!

and the result was again, HbA1C of 37.

I am SO relieved. But my Triglycerides are up - doc says i need statin. this may be down to me eating just proteins and green stuff. I can introduce some Oat Bran to my yoghurt.

Well done @Mrs Mimoo - that's great, and obviously down to your hard work. Good for you!!!

and the result was again, HbA1C of 37.

I am SO relieved. But my Triglycerides are up - doc says i need statin. this may be down to me eating just proteins and green stuff. I can introduce some Oat Bran to my yoghurt.
Many congratulations on maintaining what is a fantastic HbA1c result. As regards cholesterol I am convinced that soluble fibre is a really important factor. I use psyllium husk and chia seeds to up my fibre intake as these are low carb and the chia seeds are high in Omega 3 Fatty Acids, so a bit of a superfood. I stick them in a drink on a morning but you can sprinkle both of them in yoghurt or soups/stews/sauces to thicken them. Not discouraging you from oat bran, but just saying there are lower carb alternatives which also work well.

congratulations on maintaining your HbA1c well done @Mrs Mimoo

Many congratulations on maintaining what is a fantastic HbA1c result. As regards cholesterol I am convinced that soluble fibre is a really important factor. I use psyllium husk and chia seeds to up my fibre intake as these are low carb and the chia seeds are high in Omega 3 Fatty Acids, so a bit of a superfood. I stick them in a drink on a morning but you can sprinkle both of them in yoghurt or soups/stews/sauces to thicken them. Not discouraging you from oat bran, but just saying there are lower carb alternatives which also work well.
These things can make a difference at the margin, but none of are nearly as effective as statins. Follow medical advice, not mesage board opinions ... is my message board opinion 🙂

Congratulations! That's brilliant news and you are obviously very skilled at doing things properly to have such a fantastic result!

I too have my test due next Tuesday. I went from 81 to 43 in three months, then to 45 some three months later. Looking at my own data I suspect I'm in the same range again. Never managed to drop out of the 40s (yet)... Here's hoping I can do it for next time.

Congratulations! That's brilliant news and you are obviously very skilled at doing things properly to have such a fantastic result!

I too have my test due next Tuesday. I went from 81 to 43 in three months, then to 45 some three months later. Looking at my own data I suspect I'm in the same range again. Never managed to drop out of the 40s (yet)... Here's hoping I can do it for next time.
Well you almost halved it, so that is fantastic. Well done! I had to get mine down from only 55.

These things can make a difference at the margin, but none of are nearly as effective as statins. Follow medical advice, not mesage board opinions ... is my message board opinion 🙂
ahem. yes.

I got my results. 45 last time, 44 this time. Woop woop! At least it went down rather than up ha ha

My GP always asks for the blood glucose test to be done and that was 4.5 (think it was 6 last time). Not sure that tells you too much though.

I'm really not sure what my GP will say this time. When all of this first started, I got a lecture about how it is a progressive disease and I will probably end up on Insulin when I'm older (I'm 51). Then I think she realised I was "serious" about things. I'm currently on 2 x Metformin a day (down from three). She was talking about trying 1 last time as I was going through a phase of of hypo-symptoms, usually in the middle of the night. It still happens, although I stopped the night time problem by having a small snack before I go to bed. Anyway, I'm chatting to her later this month.

Good luck to anyone else who is waiting for test results!

Just laughed at a story of a friend of a friend who is not (quite) diabetic, but has been addressing some over indulgent eating habits. They have discovered the delights of Greek Yoghurt (what's not to like?!) and apparently they eat it with their eyes closed because they pretend they are eating ice cream! Priceless.

sticking to regime but tonight 2 hours after a tiny dark chocolate bar i'm still at 8mmol. Not very hight but i'm usually 6.9....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back