HbA1c and remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy669

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So I was diagnosed T2 2 weeks before christmas in 22. A lot has changed for me in one year. I have lost 4 stone. 25.5kg. 12 inches 30 cm off my waist down from at size 28 to 22.

I go swimming 2/3 times a week swimming a minimum of 1.6k each time just recently upped to 2k. I swam the 22 challenge last year done 56 miles in the 12 weeks. Raised £320.

I deleive to be in remission I need to have bloods under 42mmol 6%
and no meds for 2 HbA1

I have being followed a calorie deficit plan but with no restrictions to what I can, eat everything in moderation seems to be working for me.

I do not normally have new year resolution as we only end up breaking them .Just going to keep chipping away at the kgs/lbs. They all add up to the bigger figures.

HbA1c level 59 mmol 7.5% Jan 23

HbA1c level 42 mmol , 6%
March 23

HbA1c level 38 mmol 5.6%
August 23

HbA1c level 38 mmol 5.6%
Dec 23 HbA1c level

Sandy

Excellent - hypocalorific mindfulness FTW!

I believe to be in remission I need to have bloods under 42mmol 6%
and no meds for 2 HbA1c
That was the previous definition. The current definition, agreed by a team of international experts from Diabetes UK, the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, is when HbA1c remains below 48mmol/mol (or 6.5%) for at least three months, without diabetes medication.

Details here:-

Well done on your progress to date.

Great job well done!

So I was diagnosed T2 2 weeks before christmas in 22. A lot has changed for me in one year. I have lost 4 stone. 25.5kg. 12 inches 30 cm off my waist down from at size 28 to 22.

I go swimming 2/3 times a week swimming a minimum of 1.6k each time just recently upped to 2k. I swam the 22 challenge last year done 56 miles in the 12 weeks. Raised £320.

and no meds for 2 HbA1

I have being followed a calorie deficit plan but with no restrictions to what I can, eat everything in moderation seems to be working for me.

I do not normally have new year resolution as we only end up breaking them .Just going to keep chipping away at the kgs/lbs. They all add up to the bigger figures.

HbA1c level 42 mmol , 6%
March 23

HbA1c level 38 mmol 5.6%
August 23

HbA1c level 38 mmol 5.6%
Dec 23 HbA1c level

Sandy
Wow @sandy669 this is really great stuff and really inspiring to hear how you've been eating everything in moderation without any restrictions. Congratulations on all the hard work and fundraising you've done through swimming. Do you think you'll do it again this year?

Last edited:
Many congratulations as those are very impressive stats in relation to size loss, weight loss and HbA1c reduction. A lot of hard work has clearly gone into managing your diabetes and improving your general health and fitness by the sound of it. Well done and thanks for posting about your success as I am sure it will inspire others.

and no meds for 2 HbA1

HbA1c level 42 mmol , 6%
March 23

HbA1c level 38 mmol 5.6%
August 23

HbA1c level 38 mmol 5.6%
Dec 23 HbA1c level

Sandy

Well done you, also great that you raised vital funds for charity doing something that you enjoy.

My wife had a similar journey to yourself, told she was prediabetic so joined local Slimming group doing calorie restricted diet & lost 5 stone, since then her bloods have been normal & like you she eats pretty much normal but is careful not to regain that weight.

Wow @sandy669 this is really great stuff and really inspiring to hear how you've been eating everything in moderation without any restrictions. Congratulations on all the hard work and fundraising you've done through swimming. Do you think you'll do it again this year?
Yes will probably be doing it at the pool anyway. more than likely just sponsor mysel

So for now I am happy chippy a way at my weight. Keep up the exercise and saying on the meds As only diagnosed a year ago don't what to jump the gun. Not that I want to have T2 but it certainly made me look after me for a change

So for now I am happy chippy a way at my weight. Keep up the exercise and saying on the meds As only diagnosed a year ago don't what to jump the gun. Not that I want to have T2 but it certainly made me look after me for a change
Well done on your great progress so far @sandy669 - inspiring stuff.

Onwards and downwards!

Really good results @sandy669! What meds are you taking to control it? Keep up the great work x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back