Hba1c 54, antibiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Giddings

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

Been a while, need some advice if possible. I've had flank pain earlier this week, raised glands in neck and armpits, hot and cold and aching up and down spine a bit like slow motion whiplash. Due to back pain at times thought nothing of it although this is more localised and more intense.

I'm on antibiotics now started today following blood test results thta showed infection, didn't think to piece together all the above symptoms and mention them to doctor at the time.

In principal it seems to point to a kidney infection based on what I've been advised on before, just feeling iffy, hoping to have a urine sample checked tomorrow. Would infection show up still despite taking antibiotics at an initial loading dose of 200mg then on 100mg antibiotic per day for 4 following days (this Mon to Thurs)?

If the antibiotics were the right ones for the infection, then it is unlikely to show up a week after starting them. If whoever prescribed the antibiotics guessed wrong then it will, and they would need to grow whatever bacteria is there to check what they're sensitive to and make sure a second course is the right one.

If the antibiotics were the right ones for the infection, then it is unlikely to show up a week after starting them. If whoever prescribed the antibiotics guessed wrong then it will, and they would need to grow whatever bacteria is there to check what they're sensitive to and make sure a second course is the right one.
Literally started them today, just been having paracetamol alone before, but will, in this case, enquire to have a urine test, thank you

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly @Pamela Giddings

I haven’t had much experience with ABs, but from reading others’ experiences it seems that different ones work better against different types of infections, and that it seems to be important to complete the course even if you feel lots better halfway through.

Hope you are feeling much better soon!

Literally started them today, just been having paracetamol alone before, but will, in this case, enquire to have a urine test, thank you
Ah sorry, I thought you were saying you had them earlier in the week but still feeling unwell. If you just started them today then there may be enough bacteria still around to show up in a urine sample tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back