Hba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo, well done you! Give yourself a pat on the back 🙂

Oh wow @spell !

That’s brilliant. Did it come as a happy surprise? Or have you been trying any different strategies / tactics? Have you felt different in yourself?

A lowest-ever A1c is something to celebrate - that’s what it means.

The risks of complications occurring or worsening really starts to climb as your A1c gets higher. So making progress to reduce it has huge benefits.

Keep going! See if you can shave off a few more percentage points to get to low 8s, and then one in the 7s would be in reach.

Enjoy the moment 🙂

I don't know what it actually means,is that any good?
All explained here, have a read and you can decide if it is good or not.

All explained here, have a read and you can decide if it is good or not.
Oh it's not good then.
I give up, again

Oh wow @spell !

That’s brilliant. Did it come as a happy surprise? Or have you been trying any different strategies / tactics? Have you felt different in yourself?

A lowest-ever A1c is something to celebrate - that’s what it means.

The risks of complications occurring or worsening really starts to climb as your A1c gets higher. So making progress to reduce it has huge benefits.

Keep going! See if you can shave off a few more percentage points to get to low 8s, and then one in the 7s would be in reach.

Enjoy the moment 🙂
Keep going? Yeah right!
Low 8s or 7 is an impossible ask surely ☹️

Keep going? Yeah right!
Low 8s or 7 is an impossible ask surely ☹️

Well aim for consolidation first? See if you can maintain 8.9 next time.

Are you aware of any changes you’ve made which might have made the difference?

I don't believe it is impossible for you. But it will help if you allow yourself to believe that it is possible.

Oh it's not good then.
I give up, again

It IS good @spell.

Any improvement is worthwhile. Don’t worry about other people’s targets, or ‘in an ideal world’...

The graph of risks is like a hockey stick. there’s not much difference between 6.5 and 7.5, but there is probably far more difference between say 9.5 and 8.9. Because the graph is starting to climb more sharply.

Don’t be discouraged by the minor improvements lower down the scale, be encouraged by the relatively big risk reductions you are making with the reduction you’ve made. 🙂

Oh it's not good then.
I give up, again

It is good! It’s your best ever HbA1C! You’ve improved it - that’s a win. Yes, there’ll be people who have a lower HbA1C than you but there’ll also be those who have a higher one, some significantly higher.

You’ve done well 🙂

It IS good @spell.

Any improvement is worthwhile. Don’t worry about other people’s targets, or ‘in an ideal world’...

The graph of risks is like a hockey stick. there’s not much difference between 6.5 and 7.5, but there is probably far more difference between say 9.5 and 8.9. Because the graph is starting to climb more sharply.

Don’t be discouraged by the minor improvements lower down the scale, be encouraged by the relatively big risk reductions you are making with the reduction you’ve made. 🙂
I am not aware why it's gone to 8.9 instead of the usual 12+,I think it might just be a fluke or they measured it wrong so nothing to ge‍♂️ nothing to get excited about

I am not aware why it's gone to 8.9 instead of the usual 12+,I think it might just be a fluke or they measured it wrong so nothing to ge‍♂️ nothing to get excited about
It is very unlikely that it is a mistake and it is very much something to be excited about as it is a significant improvement on the previous result.
This is a condition you can do something about not like those with terminal conditions like Rob Burrow with MMD.
I was in tears watching Sports Personality of the Year at the resilience of him and his family coping with the awful condition.

Yay!. My lowest hba1 ever
8.9 in 43 years of trying
Yeah well done, lowest ever congratulations wonderful achievement, keep doing whatever you've been doing its working 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back