Hayfever(probably a bit of a silly question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Silly question but I was just thinking now it’s march it will probably head towards hayfever season soom which i get. So just thinking can hayfever affect blood augers?

Yes, really bad hay fever can, I find. Also, watch out for the anti-histamines. A few lower my blood sugars.

Yes, really bad hay fever can, I find. Also, watch out for the anti-histamines. A few lower my blood sugars.
Oh I was going to get some anti histamines I didn’t realise they was anything in there them that affected blood sugar

Oh I was going to get some anti histamines I didn’t realise they was anything in there them that affected blood sugar

Just choose wisely - I tend to stick to what I’ve had before.

I guess i won’t know until I try them

I’ve found Cetirizine ok. That’s the name of the drug. It’s in lots of different brands. Just watch your blood sugar and you should be fine 🙂

I get bad hay fever so have been told, by my asthma/COPD nurse, to take my antihistamines every day to build up a resistance - they have no affect on my BG (there are days when I forget to take them). I didn't get diagnosed until toward the "end of the season", but even then my BG was quite static. Mine can start in February and go through to end of September/early October. I've already begun sneezing - here comes Spring 🙄

I use citrizine. I read somewhere to stay away from ones that make you drowsy cos of possibly masking blood sugars going low.

I use citrizine. I read somewhere to stay away from ones that make you drowsy cos of possibly masking blood sugars going low.
Yes same as me, cetirizine hydrochloride - one a day, non drowsy

There really is everything and anything to think about with this dicise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back