Hay fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve got hay fever (grass pollen) and a bit of a cold as a result.

It’s sent my numbers absolutely crazy

B8F836DD-2518-43D6-8525-67D78F5EE20B.png
Is this normal for hay fever to do?
(I’ve been doing corrections)

According to this article from Michigan State:
Allergies themselves may not affect blood glucose, but medications to treat allergies can.

It's fairly well known Medical/Research uni, I had an ex-girlfriend who studied maths there, and. over the years, have also known a few other alumni. Its rankings, while not at the very top, are not shabby. So, as a source, I would rate as being reliable.

Edit:
If you are having problems with allergies and diabetic, the rest of the article is worth a read

Last edited:
Thanks @IrvineHimself that’s interesting. I don’t take anything for hay fever as it puts my BG really high if I do

I don’t take anything for hay fever as it puts my BG really high if I do
There are different over the counter medication for hay fever. So it maybe worth trying out a few - there are at least two different key ingredients that can be used.
If you are finding the hayfever is sending your levels on a roller coaster, you may find the affects of the right medication for you has less impact. That is certainly the case for me.

There are different over the counter medication for hay fever. So it maybe worth trying out a few - there are at least two different key ingredients that can be used.
If you are finding the hayfever is sending your levels on a roller coaster, you may find the affects of the right medication for you has less impact. That is certainly the case for me.
Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back