having a bit of nightmare geting strips for my new meter.(even though the strips appear cheapper to the nhs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
so as i said yester on the group day waking averge theard. i no longer have my wavesense jazz meter and have ended up with a gluco rx q meter, i went to my doctors and asked them to presrice strips thinking that would put on my repeats they prescriced a one box. which i thought well that will do for now i then put in a request for more(because i will need more) and for them to put them on my repeats prescriptions) i need found a note on the nhs app saying that they had already been prescribed. and on the lis t of repeatt of still wave sense jazz strips. grrr

Sounds like a simple admin error by your surgery. No-one’s infallible! Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago.

Best to email them if you can, then you have a hard record of what you asked for.

Sounds like a simple admin error by your surgery. No-one’s infallible! Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago.

Best to email them if you can, then you have a hard record of what you asked for.
Yeah I put in another request with the notes explaing I I was only issue 50 I need more and for them to be put on my repeats

Apparently they have been put on my repeat but only 50 at a time. Okay yeah my wavesense jazz were quite alot.and I did order get a few as I wasn't sure how long is be away(but maybe should have thought.a bitm But considering they happy to keep wavesense jazz how it was after been given Dexcom I don't understand why they couldn't Just swap things over. That's what I was asking for.

Thought it was sorted but then noticed ive been limited 200 for two months. I know I got dex now but there will be sometimes there will be times where I might need again. Epsailly when I I can feel hypo like symptoms with other things and when I'm not sure which is it's actually advised to use a meter for that.(I could basically order the other ones as and when I needed) I have feeling there going to say "well you have dexcom so you shouldn't really need it"

Yeah I put in another request with the notes explaing I I was only issue 50 I need more and for them to be put on my repeats
Hello thats is terrible you need 100 stripes a Month if not more, i am a Type 1 and they did say to me use 1 or 2 stripes a day they are crazy, they don't live or have Type 1 but think they can tell us whats best for us, it is totally wrong my Friend

Hello thats is terrible you need 100 stripes a Month if not more, i am a Type 1 and they did say to me use 1 or 2 stripes a day they are crazy, they don't live or have Type 1 but think they can tell us whats best for us, it is totally wrong my Friend
Yeah well theve now given me 200 for 2 months but still. I'm now on dexcom one so maybes that's what that thinking but they didn't limit my old strips and these are supkslkt cheaper so I don't know what's going on with them

I think I can get 150 a month but I only order them about 3 times a year as Libre is really reliable for me. It is only if I decide to have a break from Libre that I get through a lot, but it is a while since i have felt the need for a break from Libre. 100 a month (200 every 2 months) seems reasonable to me when you have a CGM.

I think I can get 150 a month but I only order them about 3 times a year as Libre is really reliable for me. It is only if I decide to have a break from Libre that I get through a lot, but it is a while since i have felt the need for a break from Libre. 100 a month (200 every 2 months) seems reasonable to me when you have a CGM.
Well technically it shouldn't be limited at all. There's are guidelines saying that. And as I explained above I other going on that sometimes real like a hypo sometimes that can happen more then others and it's advised then to check with a finger prick(I know different people have different opinions on when to double check). Part of the reason it doesn't make alot of sense i was able to order as when for the others(athough i probelly dud order too much around Christmas I was going away and that point I didn't know when I was coming back I followed the same advice as if I was going abored as I been told before you can't get things taxed over) these are cheaper. The only reason for the change Is I no longer have the wavesense jazz meters .

I am trying to give away the wavesense jazz strips though.

Well technically it shouldn't be limited at all. There's are guidelines saying that. And as I explained above I other going on that sometimes real like a hypo sometimes that can happen more then others and it's advised then to check with a finger prick(I know different people have different opinions on when to double check). Part of the reason it doesn't make alot of sense i was able to order as when for the others(athough i probelly dud order too much around Christmas I was going away and that point I didn't know when I was coming back I followed the same advice as if I was going abored as I been told before you can't get things taxed over) these are cheaper. The only reason for the change Is I no longer have the wavesense jazz meters .

I am trying to give away the wavesense jazz strips though.
If you still have a Wavesense Jazz meter then use the surplus test strips you have with that meter. I don't understand why you would give them away when you are complaining about not having enough test strips. Maybe I am missing something?

If you still have a Wavesense Jazz meter then use the surplus test strips you have with that meter. I don't understand why you would give them away when you are complaining about not having enough test strips. Maybe I am missing something?
I don't have it anymore(bit of a long story)that's why I'm trying to give them away so it they don't go to waste 🙂

Didn't you get a spare recently from the manufacturer when you were having problems with it?

Didn't you get a spare recently from the manufacturer when you were having problems with it?

Like I said long story I would rather not go into the details.

Well just got a text saying to contact them and there thier not trying to restrict and there are no cost concerns at all as it makes no difference to them. So sounds like @JJay was right and has just been a few mistakes in a row. So Iooks like its own it's way to getting sorted.

He, i am a Type 1 and they did say to me use 1 or 2 stripes a day they are crazy, they don't live or have Type 1 but think they can tell us whats best for us, it is totally wrong my Friend
My frist surgery were terrible when newly diagnosed they told Me I should only be testing 4 times a day a reglandlass(before I was on anything) I then said "what about at work where I'm on my feet alot should I not be testing more" they answer was no. Them there was times they would even refuse to give me strips knowing I didn't have any. Needless to say I'm bot with that surgery anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back