Have you joined the Organ Donor Register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep done it a few months back 🙂

Yes joined when I moved to a new GP practice it was one of the registration questions. I have also discussed it with my partner.

i think i might join it.

are diabetics aloud to give blood?

I'm not allowed to donate blood or organs.

I really want to though.

I dont think so.....

I joined the register I think already some while ago, but I gone and applied on it again to make sure. Think you can only donate your organs just the one time though 😉

EDIT The "I dont think so" was aimed at Loz!

no we can't give blood (WOO!)

After watching so much House I think I will join 😉

You can't give blood if you're on insulin :(

i signed up to the organ donor register years ago, may do it again, just in case....

i signed up to the organ donor register years ago, may do it again, just in case....

aww klkl. i think im going to end up anemia anyway after all these bloomin blood tests. thats all the docs want to do these days is take your blood lol

i should start charging 😛

We are all aware of the importance of organ donation and will give consent for organs to be used when time comes.

Hubbys mum had a heart transplant when this sort of thing wasn't so well known so we are sold on the idea...

Great isnt it? A true miracle to think you can have an organ transplanted...

One of the things I think is a miracle is you can have a donated kidney from a parent oe sibling while they are still alive. One of my cousins had a kidney from her mum and there are cases in the paper of people getting kidneys from one sibling and then getting another kidney 20 or 30 years later from another sibling.

We all want the best for our nearest and dearest, I am all for organ donation to improve quality of life and to prolong it.

I carry my card with me at all times. I've just had a new one sent to me after resubmitting my name.

i am not diabetic but you cannot give blood if your weight is less then 50 kg and because i am only 40 kg i am not going to be overweight so i can give blood so is not no no only for diabetic!!:D:D

I registered as an organ donor when I changed doctors a couple of months back, was wondering if they would use my useless pancreas when I go.Didn't know that we couldn't give blood.

Emma x

I joined the register and started carrying cards years ago. Once it resulted in return of my wallet that I'd left in a shop, as they looked through, saw organ donor card with a phone number and phoned my parents. I also signed the section of driving licence application, so it's there too.

Also, it's really important to make your views know to your next of kin, as they will be asked if your organs are being considered for transplant. Realistically, this would be if you were on life support machines, as they'd give consent to switch off, then your organs could be taken. Fortunately, my parents and partner would all support my wishes, if I died in suitable circumstances. That's not always the case, as next of kin can over-rule wishes and that means organs the owner intended to donate actually go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back