Have reversed my diabetes type 2 but now worried if it has came back'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cll9090

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

About a year ago I managed to get normal blood sugar levels. But about two weeks ago I started noticing the classical symptoms of diabetes. I lost some weight and had to go to the bathroom more often.
If I look at my levels, the highest has been at 8,3 but my fasting blod sugar is 4,8-5.0.
I lost a huge amount of weight this year, and a person recommended me to do strengh training to improve my insulin and blood sugar levels. What do you think? I cant sleep so well now when I got this. Thank you so much for your support!

Hi cll9090, welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on getting your numbers within the normal range and all of the lifestyle changes that you made!

Have you been to your GP to request another HbA1c test to see exactly what your BS levels are?

One of the reasons we talk about remission as apposed to reversal is that currently from what we know, your numbers can return to being high at any point where your lifestyle returns to what it was before. You can read more about our take on remission here https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-t...eating-your-diabetes/type2-diabetes-remission.

One of the great things about what you've said is that you've done it once so can do it again. It might be a case of going back to what you did in the beginning to tackle this and make some healthy adjustments.

It's also worth considering the fact that some diabetic symptoms are present in other conditions so worth a chat with your GP to rule our other issues.

@cll9090 You should be getting annual checkups so if you have not been contacted by your surgery maybe give them a prod to remind them about you.

Hi all,

About a year ago I managed to get normal blood sugar levels. But about two weeks ago I started noticing the classical symptoms of diabetes. I lost some weight and had to go to the bathroom more often.
If I look at my levels, the highest has been at 8,3 but my fasting blod sugar is 4,8-5.0.
I lost a huge amount of weight this year, and a person recommended me to do strengh training to improve my insulin and blood sugar levels. What do you think? I cant sleep so well now when I got this. Thank you so much for your support!
Yes weight training would help control bgs. Muscles use more glucose so building muscle will help to reduce bgs . In addition the act of exercising with weights sucks glucose out of the system. Especially when you reach an anaerobic state ( with the muscles aching). Bernstein was a big advocate of this, he even had his little old lady T2s working light dumbells. Wow - Bernstein, that's a blast from the past, how little we hear about him nowadays.

But forget 'reversal' and 'remission', the object of the game is Good Control.

Last edited:
Interesting. I find light to moderate exercise lowers my BG while vigorous anaerobic exercise raises my BG short term. Obviously it then falls

Interesting. I find light to moderate exercise lowers my BG while vigorous anaerobic exercise raises my BG short term. Obviously it then falls
Yes , I have noticed this too also I note that when I am in a flare up my blood sugar rises too. I also found that Ibuprofen does nothing to help it either. So at the moment pacing myself seems to help but I still cannot get it lower than 6.5 and well the highest recent has been 12.8 bmmols so I am thinking that is fair range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back