Have i got it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
O am i just fooling my self,yesterday was'nt feeling to good and could'nt take my meds but at lunch time i managed to get my metformin and glimepiride down i had cottage pie for dinner and five squares of chocci i know not realy a good idea but 2 hours after i tested and i was 7.1 i did'nt even have much exercise .To day i got up at about 11.30 took all my meds with 2 wbix2 hours later 15.3 dinner was 2 jacket potatos with tuna may and salad just tested 8.1. so i guess my question is am i getting better numbers because i am taking my meds at lunch time instead of morning.
What do you think, ps i also had 4 squares of chocci with dinner.

Sometimes alot of us on here have alot of trouble with jacket potatoes and it spikes alot of us, recently i have swapped over to a sweet potato and it has been the making of my levels.I dont ever take my metformin in the middle of the day i have only ever taken it morning and night time so cant help with the question sorry x

I used to take my metformin at night, but was told by my DSN that I should take it with my evening meal.. I take 2 in the morning with breakfast and 3 with my dinner.

I'm on three metformin a day, so take them just after breakfast, just after lunc and just after dinner. Have you been given any advice by your GP or pharmacist? If not may pay you to experiment which meal it works best with. For a long time both the doctors in my practice couldn't agree on if I needed two or three a day!

My consultant put them up to 6 a day but that just made me feel really sick so I stopped and went back to 4 a day, told my DSN who asked me to try 5 and that seems to not make me feel sick. I am on the slow release as I can't take the normal metformin. I still sometimes take them without eating as I don't always remember to take them with my dinner so take them when I go to bed with my other night time meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back