Has Swine Flu left you feeling down??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha1

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi All,

Just wanted to run this by you all...especially those who have had or recovering from swine flu.

I'm a little concerned about Nathan..over the past couple of days he has seemed particularly down...this may be due to a number of other reasons..teenage hormones and angst...the fact that for a good couple of weeks his BG levels were all over...thankfully though the past 3 days they have settled down to there normal range for Nathan....and insulin is again back down to his usual amount.Now I realise BG levels play a major role in mood etc. But Im just wondering if this is may be down to him being really ill and part of the recovery from this???....I have asked if he is ok and if there is anything worrying him or upsetting him...but says he is fine or no...

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi Heidi , yes I did get really down after Swine flu :( I think it was Nikki who said she was told that it is one of the post symptoms . I hope Nath starts to feel better soon , dont worry , hes got one of the best most dedicated mums Ive seen ... lucky boy 🙂🙂

Hi Heidi , yes I did get really down after Swine flu :( I think it was Nikki who said she was told that it is one of the post symptoms . I hope Nath starts to feel better soon , dont worry , hes got one of the best most dedicated mums Ive seen ... lucky boy 🙂🙂

Thanks hun..xx....Just hate seeing him down...and I cant do anything to cheer him up....It would be interesting as to the reason it leaves you feeling like this though??

Do you or anyone else know if there is a tonic that I could give Nathan..just to boost him up..I was thinking of may be Vitamin B....Even though he eats loads of veg..He does'nt often eat red meat...more chicken and fish??

Heidi
xx🙂

I hope Nathan is feeling better. Is there a treat he'd like just for himself or is there something special just you and he can do? Ask the pharmacist about a tonic or see if the doctor can prescribe one.

I hope Nathan is feeling better. Is there a treat he'd like just for himself or is there something special just you and he can do? Ask the pharmacist about a tonic or see if the doctor can prescribe one.

Thanks Caroline,

I will ask him today, to have a think, at the moment anything I suggest is uncool...lol 🙂... thats 14 yr olds for you....🙂... I'm going to pop into the chemists this morning to pick his prescription up, so will ask...

Heidi
xx🙂

The main thing is Nathan is feeling better soon.

Part of it could also be the long school holidays get boring after a while, especially if you have been unwell and unable to do very much else. I think the older ones notice it more as we tend to organise the little ones into doing things. As you said anything suggested to a 14 year old is uncool.

I have been expereincing low mood for the past couple of weeks since I has swine flu. The occupational health nurse told me that some people had expereinced this and were feeling run down and tired for a few weeks after. I'm not sure my mood is entirely linked to the flu as I was feeling emotional before i got the flu, but it hasn't helped.

Just keep offering him the chance to talk if he needs to and keep an eye on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back