Has anyone else been told...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just wondering if anyone else has been told not to have the booster jab for any reason and how you feel about it. I have been told I can't have mine due to a likely auto immune response to the first one. I'm a bit freaked out.

I reported my reaction to the first AZ jab at the visit for the second jab - but they still went ahead, though they could well have injected just saline as I got not a flicker of a reaction to that one.
We just got a text cancelling the appointment for a booster tomorrow - on the advice of the surgery, so anything could be going on.
As I might have had Covid anyway, and two jabs, I'm not worrying all that much as I don't go to any place where I might need a 'passport'.

I reported my reaction to the first AZ jab at the visit for the second jab - but they still went ahead, though they could well have injected just saline as I got not a flicker of a reaction to that one.
We just got a text cancelling the appointment for a booster tomorrow - on the advice of the surgery, so anything could be going on.
As I might have had Covid anyway, and two jabs, I'm not worrying all that much as I don't go to any place where I might need a 'passport'.
That's interesting. I am glad that it isn't worrying you too much. I think I have developed health anxiety after a year that includes a stroke and new auto immune issues in the midst of a pandemic. I am double jabbed so hopefully as you say I will be OK. All the best to you.

I have had my booster jab , the only noticeable side effects were an aching arm for 24 hours .
Not heard of anybody being advised not to get it.
Martin

Not heard of anybody being advised not to get it.
I have - some people are so violently allergic to some things they can go into anaphylactic shock and land up in hospital when they're accidentally exposed to cross contamination of things, eg gluten.

I have - some people are so violently allergic to some things they can go into anaphylactic shock and land up in hospital when they're accidentally exposed to cross contamination of things, eg gluten.
I suppose it shows we are all different and even with the most welcomed meds and vaccines they won't suit everyone. The whole liver issue is looking like it was caused by the jab. If it was just transient I wouldn't mind so much but the auto immune findings are permanent as far as we all can tell. My liver scan is essentially normal so that's good but I'm now predisposed to this PBC thing. Anyway a big conflab was held and the decision has been taken out of my hands. It's been a bugger of a year (again!)

Just wondering if anyone else has been told not to have the booster jab for any reason and how you feel about it. I have been told I can't have mine due to a likely auto immune response to the first one. I'm a bit freaked out.
I've got 7autoimmune conditions and was rather unwell on the first vaccine, no problems on the 2nd and just a slightly sore arm for the booster yesterday.

Can you enquire as to whether you can have one of the other booster jabs as there's at least 3 available in this country?

I've got 7autoimmune conditions and was rather unwell on the first vaccine, no problems on the 2nd and just a slightly sore arm for the booster yesterday.

Can you enquire as to whether you can have one of the other booster jabs as there's at least 3 available in this country?
Hi. At the moment my consultant at the QE has said not to have any of the jabs. They are very uncertain about what has happened to me so are adopting a wait and see approach.

I had no significant reaction to the 2 jabs but following the first my liver enzyme levels were raised leading to further investigations. An autoimmune response was discovered and they don't know if the vaccine triggered it or it was coincidentally discovered. If it had been rumbling away for sometime they would have expected to see damage to my liver and/or bile ducts. Comprehensive tests have been done over the course of the last 7 months and no damage found. Liver enzymes have returned to normal without treatment but autoimmune antibodies persist yet without symptoms .

The initial abnormal bloods were 10 days post vaccine and there was a further spike after the second jab...therefore they are concerned about further jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back