Has anyone any experience of Inositol with T2 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollygrub

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello
Just wondering if anyone has taken Inositol as a colleague has mentioned it may assist my blood sugars regulating along with my intermittent fasting?

I also take metformin & gliclazide too and my BS is reducing wonderfully along with a low carb veggie diet (lifelong veggie)

Like all of these things they may or may not work as often there is only anecdotal or sketchy evidence that they have any effect. Better to save your money and concentrate on your low carb approach.
As you have mentioned low carb you may find this link useful as there is a specific veggie meal plan. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Seems a bit supplement scammy to me.

“ People use inositol for [big long list…] and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support most of these uses.”

I’d save your money. If it worked effectively and had good evidence (and was cost effective), it would be widely prescribed.

Welcome to the forum @Mollygrub 🙂

Seems a bit supplement scammy to me.

“ People use inositol for [big long list…] and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support most of these uses.”

I’d save your money. If it worked effectively and had good evidence (and was cost effective), it would be widely prescribed.

Welcome to the forum @Mollygrub 🙂
Thanks so much

I tried 3 months of inositol when i was pre-diabetic and it did nothing.

To be honest if you are on a low carb diet and taking both Metformin and Glicazide I’d be asking why thats not working . Either at a review of your HbA1c or an appointment .
If weight related, my weight has gone down on low carb but you may not need that.
Do you drink enough fluids as that is a huge issue ? Most of us don't drink enough.
Exercise is another.
I really would ask for help.

To be honest if you are on s lie carb diet and taking both Metformin and Glicazide Id be asking why thats not working . Either at a review of your HbA1c or an appointment .
If weight related, my weight has gone down on low carb but you may not need that.
Do you drink enough fluids as that is a huge issue .
That's very true...I drink lots of water at work but am not so great at home and weekends... I will try harder! Thanks for your help

That's very true...I drink lots of water at work but am not so great at home and weekends... I will try harder! Thanks for your help
Keep posting the support we get is great. We all need to try out new things or tweak and we are all trying to make the best of ourselves with whatever type of diabetes we have.

Thank you so much... I am struggling a little having done so well previously so very determined to get right again!
I fell off too as you can see 108 so hope im doing the same . We can do this

Thanks so much... so...last year I had an op/health scare and got my hba1c Fownhope to 45 from 122!!! Sadly its back up again to 77 so I have to work hard .... I had been having readings in range of 20-30 but have worked hard to get to ranges of 11 to 5 which is better...
It's finding consistency which is my biggest issue.. I am having just lunch and dinner at about 6pm and try nothing else after that which is helping.. low carb and veggie as a lifelong veggie...

Thanks so much... so...last year I had an op/health scare and got my hba1c Fownhope to 45 from 122!!! Sadly its back up again to 77 so I have to work hard .... I had been having readings in range of 20-30 but have worked hard to get to ranges of 11 to 5 which is better...
It's finding consistency which is my biggest issue.. I am having just lunch and dinner at about 6pm and try nothing else after that which is helping.. low carb and veggie as a lifelong veggie...
Have you looked on the Veggie plan on Freshwell I think three meals are easier. However its your choice. i like veggies but a lot i leave out due to their carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back