Has anybody tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I’ve ordered this today, reviews are mixed mainly due to the price and portion sizes. Thing is folks are saying it’s just like pasta. I’m just dubious as it’s 6.7g carbs per 100g can this be right ? Other spinach pasta I’ve seen are way higher than that. At £6 odd a pack it’s expensive but has 4 servings. I will let you know how it goes and if it’s a likey or a spikey

Attachments

• 971AB092-ED03-4A81-91C4-C6EE300999C6.png
    971AB092-ED03-4A81-91C4-C6EE300999C6.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 28
I haven’t tried that @EmmaL76 but some years ago I did try a vegetable pasta and that was very low carb compared to my normal wholewheat pasta. I don’t remember the carbs but I know they were very low as I remember being a bit dubious about the carb count when I first had it. It was multi-coloured fusilli and had spinach, beetroot and tomato if I remember correctly. It tasted fine but I didn’t find it as satisfying as real pasta.

I’ve tried the soybean stuff but haven’t heard of the one you mentioned , it’s ok but not really like pasta so I have high hopes for this one. Feel I’m setting myself up for disappointment 🙄

I’ve tried the soybean stuff but haven’t heard of the one you mentioned , it’s ok but not really like pasta so I have high hopes for this one. Feel I’m setting myself up for disappointment 🙄

The one I had had a good pasta-y texture and taste - no weird out of place taste, if you get what I mean. I’ve just looked for it on Tesco but can’t find it. I don’t think you’re taking insulin at the moment? But for anyone who is and fancies trying one of these pastas, I found the GI was completely different to normal pasta so keep an eye on blood sugars. Mine went lower than I expected. Easier with the Libre now , of course, but the whole profile after eating it was different.

It seems to be normal pasta?
Ingredients
Durum wheat semolina, eggs (27%), wheat flour (type 00), spinach (3%)

According to this website it is 67g/100 which makes more sense given the wheat content - sorry to disappoint

For that price I’d just buy normal pasta, it will be the same carbs but way cheaper. The description says it’s normal wheat pasta with spinach added to the dough

“Filotea Spinach Fettuccine - 1cm in width with spinach in the dough. This is a long, flat pasta with a very unique texture that is amazing at absorbing any sauce you combine it with.

Made using an ancient family recipe and the same preparation and production methods, just soft wheat flour, the finest eggs, bronze drawn dough and a slow-dry technique, makes this a standout fresh pasta product that truly tastes homemade.”

If you want a low carb pasta then try the black bean or edamame bean pasta, it cooks much quicker then normal pasta.

According to this website it is 67g/100 which makes more sense given the wheat content - sorry to disappoint
Well flippin heck!! That’s what I thought, it says 6.7 on Ocado and I was dubious so I check another website and it also said 6.7 but 67 seems more realistic…. I want my money back!

For that price I’d just buy normal pasta, it will be the same carbs but way cheaper. The description says it’s normal wheat pasta with spinach added to the dough

“Filotea Spinach Fettuccine - 1cm in width with spinach in the dough. This is a long, flat pasta with a very unique texture that is amazing at absorbing any sauce you combine it with.

Made using an ancient family recipe and the same preparation and production methods, just soft wheat flour, the finest eggs, bronze drawn dough and a slow-dry technique, makes this a standout fresh pasta product that truly tastes homemade.”
I know I’m fed up now, Ocado did me proper dirty with that one 😡

The one I had had a good pasta-y texture and taste - no weird out of place taste, if you get what I mean. I’ve just looked for it on Tesco but can’t find it. I don’t think you’re taking insulin at the moment? But for anyone who is and fancies trying one of these pastas, I found the GI was completely different to normal pasta so keep an eye on blood sugars. Mine went lower than I expected. Easier with the Libre now , of course, but the whole profile after eating it was different.
No, still not on insulin but bloods keeping up so don’t think it will be long

Furious

Attachments

• C7F59FB1-E47E-4D97-85F0-6DB9C23969E9.png
    C7F59FB1-E47E-4D97-85F0-6DB9C23969E9.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
Carb and protein are 4 calories per gram and fat is 9 calories per gram so at least it’s easy to spot that the decimal is in the wrong place on carbs as it wouldn’t add up to the stated calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back