Hard Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
It's been really tough this last few days, my bloods are in the mid to high teens (I got up to 19.3 this morning) and nothing I do seems to work. I've got plumbing problems, nausea and pains in my feet. I'm struggling to do anything. I was doing my volunteering gig yesterday for four hours and was absolutely exhausted by the end of it. I haven't slept properly in days. I've spent this morning sitting in my room and crying because I feel like I'm back to square one and wondering why I bother.

I cant be there for you wish i could hun you know we go through similier things and i have felt the exact same x x x please try and keep your head above water and think positive thoughts about that volunteering work,I know i have said this alot but is they no way you can get in to see your gp quite quick and have a good chat with her .Is the not sleeping to do with the high bloods do you think??

Awww Alison that's not good. I'm sorry but I don't know the situation you are in or whether you are on tablets or diet controlled, I seem to have a problem with my short term memory !!

Can you go to the docs and get it sorted or at least demand to get it sorted, they can't leave you with these levels.

Sorry gotta go to school now, have to cover lunch as my daughter's carer !!

BIG HUGGGYSSS ALLY ....you and steff seem to be stuffering similar things at mo hope it get sorted soon xxxx

I hope you feel better soon Sounds very stresfull.

pepermint tea bags (or capsules) might help sort out the feelings of nausea. Perhaps a chat to the doctor will help pin point the problem. Or if you don't feel like going far phone NHS Direct.

I'm currently on Metformin and diet but that may change if they decide I'm LADA instead of Type 2. It just seems at the moment that nothing I do works and I'm really worried about the long term effects.

I'm currently on Metformin and diet but that may change if they decide I'm LADA instead of Type 2. It just seems at the moment that nothing I do works and I'm really worried about the long term effects.

Have you looked into LADA abit Alison just to prepare incase the results come back and confirm? It is just i have been looking into by going to the library abd looking on the net

Has your dose of metformin increased at all? That might be causing the tummy upsets.

Agree with Steff, a little research will help in the event you are LADA. Whatever happens you will at least be better informed which can only be good.

Hi Alison -sorry you are having such trouble. As Caroline said metformin can cause nausea particularly when increased which is why you are meant to start on the lowest dose and slowly increase when the body is used to it. If you are on the standard metforrmin see if you can change to the modified release version - known as glucophage, it is meant to be easier to tolerate.

Have you looked into LADA abit Alison just to prepare incase the results come back and confirm? It is just i have been looking into by going to the library abd looking on the net

Aye Steff, I've been reading up on LADA and it seems to be a better fit with the way my diabetes behaves than T2. I've managed to get an appointment to see the doctor on Monday so I'll talk to her about Glucophage then. She keeps increasing the dosages of Metformin every time I see her and it doesn't seem t make much difference, I've suggested going back on Gliclazide but that means letting me test and she doesn't want to do that. I'm going to ask for a referral to the DSNs up at Raigmore too. It's past time I had a talk with the experts.

Aye Steff, I've been reading up on LADA and it seems to be a better fit with the way my diabetes behaves than T2. I've managed to get an appointment to see the doctor on Monday so I'll talk to her about Glucophage then. She keeps increasing the dosages of Metformin every time I see her and it doesn't seem t make much difference, I've suggested going back on Gliclazide but that means letting me test and she doesn't want to do that. I'm going to ask for a referral to the DSNs up at Raigmore too. It's past time I had a talk with the experts.

Good luck regarding referrel hun,im the same read lots on LADA and MODY , the thing is they keep thinking by increasing the dosage thats suddently gonna make things all better, but it dont well in mine and your case it dont.

Alison, sorry your feeling so down - but I do think you should push for a proper diagnosis if you suspect your not a 'real' type 2. You and Steph need an answer so the right medication can be given - if you dont know what it is - you cant treat it!🙂Bev

hi alison,i agree with stef,go and see your doctor or diabetic nurse,your readings are causing your tiredness etc. it can involve a load of things,diet and meds,insist to see your doctor asap,so you can get those readings down,then you will feel a lot better,my name is erik new member also group2 for 2years now,been through it all,you get better BUT SEE YOUR DOCTOR,tell them everything you are going through,and take it from there,and if you are not able to see anyone,go to a/e and let them sort it but dont worry,you will be ok hope this helps and let us know how you get on

Got carted up to the Hospital at cock crow this morning with a BGL of 21.2 the highest I've been since diagnosis. All they did was confirm my BGL was sky-high and feed me lots of tea. I'm down to 15.1 now and still feeling like death warmed up. I feel as if I've been on a three day drunk (not that I've ever been on one but this feels like a massive hangover).

My brother found me in the living room when he got up, standing staring into space and swaying like leaf in a gale. I was fully dressed. Apparently I couldn't tell him what I was doing there and he called NHS24 for advice. I don't remember this at all.

I'm going to bed and get some sleep because I'm exhausted.

Got carted up to the Hospital at cock crow this morning with a BGL of 21.2 the highest I've been since diagnosis. All they did was confirm my BGL was sky-high and feed me lots of tea. I'm down to 15.1 now and still feeling like death warmed up. I feel as if I've been on a three day drunk (not that I've ever been on one but this feels like a massive hangover).

My brother found me in the living room when he got up, standing staring into space and swaying like leaf in a gale. I was fully dressed. Apparently I couldn't tell him what I was doing there and he called NHS24 for advice. I don't remember this at all.

I'm going to bed and get some sleep because I'm exhausted.

Blimey alsion im guna start thinking we really are twins hun xxx

sorry to hear you had to go to hospital glad your bro was there , get yourself a rest and relax as much as you can xxxxx

Blimey alsion im guna start thinking we really are twins hun xxx

sorry to hear you had to go to hospital glad your bro was there , get yourself a rest and relax as much as you can xxxxx

Allison - hope you are feeling better now. Sorry to hear you ended up in the hospital.

Aww, that sounds horrible. Hope you get sorted out soon. Have to say, i'm slightly releaved that i'm not the only person who gets spaced out when they're hyper. Not that that helps any... Hope you feel better soon.

Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back